Keep attribute value

tomhanks

I have a scene where a cylinder is touched by a claw like object, and I used a transfer attribute to color the points where this claw touches the cylinder, but I want that the point attribute keep its value after being touched, making a paint like effect, but I cant get this directly with paint attribute SOP because after the points stop being close to each other the value get back to way it was.

Resuming, I would like to paint attributes using a object like a brush.

Can anyone help me with this?

attribute_test_V01.hip

Edited by tomhanks

Since I wanted to stay away from SOP solver, I found a way using a trigger chop, by importing the Cd attributes into chops and then using the trigger chop to "sustain" the value once it reached one or whatever level you wanted, bit hackish and slow, since it has to read all the points and the timeline first, but it worked alright.

Thanks you very much for the reply.

The SOP Solver did the trick, but what I didn't understand is what you had to do to get that specific result, you just used the sop solver and that's it? Anyway thanks.

What I am trying to do with this is to create regions where the mesh would tear as a cloth.

About the particle solution, it could work if the geometry in the case of the cylinder stays in place but if I want to move it the attributes wont be at the place that they started.

Any methods to do this would be welcome, but thanks very much for the help. I'll post the results once I have them.

Thanks you very much for the reply.

The SOP Solver did the trick, but what I didn't understand is what you had to do to get that specific result, you just used the sop solver and that's it? Anyway thanks.

What I am trying to do with this is to create regions where the mesh would tear as a cloth.

About the particle solution, it could work if the geometry in the case of the cylinder stays in place but if I want to move it the attributes wont be at the place that they started.

Any methods to do this would be welcome, but thanks very much for the help. I'll post the results once I have them.

The SOP-solver is a container.

If you open it up you will see that the attribute transfer is inside.

Hi, me again.

I tried to animate the object and see what happens, so if I use an animated object to the sop solver it does update frame by frame the attributes so the effect of painting the object disappears. Is there a way to solve this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...