Houdni fur is not being rendered by 3dl even after adding width attr
Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:44 AM
1. created sphere
2. created fur using the shelf node
3. Added fur attribute after /fur/display_fur node
4. Added the attribute "width width varying float " in renderman tab
rendered and this is what i got ... is there anything that i forgot?
here is the screenshot> http://img29.imagesh...5372/attrib.jpg
this is one thing which is bothering me very badly i need to get alot of assets to be managed in the production using the fur..
i like the controls very much in houdini fur but we want to render using 3delight..
anybody tell me what has to be done..
Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:36 PM
Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:16 AM
Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:23 PM
Turn off display on the "clumps render" node in the fur network.
Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:14 PM
Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:36 PM
Here you go.
Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:32 AM
Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:05 AM
The rendertime generation of fur is a mantra procedural.
The ways to solve this (that I know about).
1. Writing a DSO for 3Delight that generates fur on the fly... Jupiter-jazz had one under development, but I´m not sure they are still on to it. http://www.jupiter-jazz.com/kingkonger
2. Write out RIB files containing all the fur strands. This will produce big files, but hey storage is a no-cost these days.
Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:47 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users