Miguel Perez' Meteor Tutorial

Div

Hi,

I'm trying to do Miguel Perez Meteor Tutorial ( http://www.miguelperezsenent.com/tut_meteor.html ); and I have a problem : my particles doesn't render correctly : They seems be blank quads instead of nice sprites... I've done and re-done the tutorial but i always got the same problem. Because I am new to houdini it can be just a wrong parameter somewhere which isn't explain in the tutorial, but needed to render particles.... If someone can help me :(

Thanks

Cheers,

Nico

Well, is very simple :) If you go to your VOP network you see that the error es in the node Multiply1. When you multiply floats and vectors together you have to put the vectors first. And of course, the result will be a vector that you have to connect to the Of (Opacity) output, not alpha.

And another error you have. The color attribute name is Cd, not cd. So if in your vopnet and your procedural window in OBJ you write cd, won't be color change.

I attach you the file with the corrections.

Meteor_Tuto2.hip

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there a tutorial on rendering sprites for H9 somewhere I need to figure this out too? I remember in H8 it was fairly long-winded I hope there's a simple way to do it in H9. :ph34r:

about this tutorial, how can i render the sprites with the new houdini 9?, i try to find the solution in the help files but i can

Is there a tutorial on rendering sprites for H9 somewhere I need to figure this out too? I remember in H8 it was fairly long-winded I hope there's a simple way to do it in H9. :ph34r:

If you search for "sprites" in the forum browser I think you'll find the answer. Or you can look at the whispy smoke shelf tool.