multi segment motion blur shading sampling

dbukovec

hi!

I have a motion blur problem. I'm rendering a propeller wich rotates fast: $T*30*360.

I increased the transform samples to 32, it gives mi a nice multisegment motion blur.

The problem is that even on these high speed objects the specular/reflection/shadows in the real world look stationary.

In mental ray i was able to sample the shading x times so i get this effect, but how to do this with mantra?

thanks for any help

hi!

I have a motion blur problem. I'm rendering a propeller wich rotates fast: $T*30*360.

I increased the transform samples to 32, it gives mi a nice multisegment motion blur.

The problem is that even on these high speed objects the specular/reflection/shadows in the real world look stationary.

In mental ray i was able to sample the shading x times so i get this effect, but how to do this with mantra?

thanks for any help

Yes, add to your ROP a RenderingParameter called "Raytrace Motion Blur (vm_traceblur)". This is under "Mantra9.5>Sampling". Flip the switch:)

Thanks Jason!, but it does not work. At least with Micropolygon engine, if I swithc to raytrace engine it is looking good. Even it does not need that switch.

It's just slower.

Ah yeah, I suppose it would only work in MP engine with the reflections - not specular highlights and not shadows. The Raytracing engine does re-shade at every time interval, so good:) - and of course it'll be slower ;)