Ocean Tools and Graduation Project

Morbid

whoa, I love the tools you made!

Even more than having access to the tools themselves (which I admit it would be quite yummy :P ) I would be interested in knowing some aspects of the procedure. For instance, how did you create the initial shape, the rotation and the progress of the wave for your wave tool? I see you are using a VOP SOP to deform the curve, but were are those shapes coming from...could you ellaborate a bit on that?

• 3 weeks later...

whoa, I love the tools you made!

Even more than having access to the tools themselves (which I admit it would be quite yummy :P ) I would be interested in knowing some aspects of the procedure. For instance, how did you create the initial shape, the rotation and the progress of the wave for your wave tool? I see you are using a VOP SOP to deform the curve, but were are those shapes coming from...could you ellaborate a bit on that?

I did this with the Look At VEX node which results in a 3x3 rotation matrix. Then I compute the distance between a point and the curve points which then determine the strength of the rotation, resulting in the progress of the wave.

I hope I explained it clear enough. And sorry for the late reaction. :P

I've deal with this tool recently.

Meanwhile using, it has changed a lot, but the basic theory in vopsop hasn't.

I could examine the distance of the line (wave axis of rotation) with an invert transform.

I upload a demo hip and a video.

Here is Florian Witzel's wave rig video, which can gives you inspiration:)

wavetest.hipnc

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I've deal with this tool recently.

Meanwhile using, it has changed a lot, but the basic theory in vopsop hasn't.

I could examine the distance of the line (wave axis of rotation) with an invert transform.

I upload a demo hip and a video.

Here is Florian Witzel's wave rig video, which can gives you inspiration:)

Very nice dude, impressive! I also used Florian Witzel's video as inspiration. :)