The new v2.0.9 comes with a lot of speed and layout improvements, fixed bug and new emitting system!

BulletSOP is implementation of Bullet library (bulletphysics.org) inside SideFx Houdini (sidefx.com).
It's a plugin for creating incredibly large rigid body simulations on average PC.
The Tool is very powerful, flexible and speed is very impressive as well as memory footprint.
The plugin is free! So you can create truly stunning massive simulations.
BulletSOP is compiled for Houdini production builds. It includes many example scenes (beginner -> professional) which are probably the best learning resources.
Free video tutorials are coming soon!

Main features:
- Bullet RBD Solver
- Support for multiple Broadphases, Constraints Solvers
- Loading data from previous frame
- Geometry decomposition (Tetrahedra, Voxels)
- Static/Animation body
- Convex Hull
- Compound Hull
- Deform static Hull
- Primitive Hulls
- Constraints (auto-generating, spring, 6DoF)
- Collisions Groups
- Object Forces
- Point Radius Forces
- Delete Duplicity data
- Instancing
- Emitting system
- Includes many example scenes for studying
- Support for Windows(64bit) and Linux(64bit)

Links:
Houdini: http://www.sidefx.com/
Introduction: https://vimeo.com/67030933
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin....Houdini-4796605
More author videos: https://vimeo.com/user3251535

Create freely, simulate quickly and enjoy fully!

Best wishes,
Milan Suk

Note: Keep in mind that You need Houdini 12.5.469 build! With older or later versions I can't guarantee functionality!

BulletSOP_2_0_9__houdini_12_5_469.zip

Edited by MilanSuk
  • Like 4

thanks to everyone, It always help to read these comments ;)

What kind of dedicated thing made this: - Constraints ,auto-generating, spring, 6DoF.(?)

Sorry, but I don't understand what does it mean?

Do you accept bug reports from people who buy the source? ;) Some kind of maintenance plan perhaps, even? :DDD (just kidding)

I accept bug reports from everyone, but If you buy source code, I will probably fix it faster.

I wanna help to others to make great effects, but in same time I need to make for living, so pay job has higher priority.

Sure I can provide technical support.

Edited by MilanSuk

apparently wants to be .a .. sen tenc.e i .n..in English!. he heeeeeee.

I either do not know what it means,"automatic".

're a, vfx celebrity!

aha, you copied it from "Main features:" :)

Auto-generating is that it's checking distance between points on different objects and If distance is less than maximum distance it will create constraints. You don't need to set every constraints manually.

Spring is spring constraints.

6DoF means that you can set limit for every axis(XYZ traslation + XYZ rotation = 6)

EDIT: for more info please check example file - In "constraints" folder you can find few examples!

Edited by MilanSuk

i've just tried the dso on my macintosh. maybe there is a workaround to get the linux version working on a macintosh?

OSX is work in prorgess. I tried to compile and everything is fine, but when I run some scene in Houdini, It crash. Maybe somebody who buy source code can set compiler properly and make it work.

EDIT: Some time ago I got email from user, who created bullet solver too and He had same problem! I will try to contact him, If he has solved the problem.

Edited by MilanSuk

Hello Milan,

this is just an amazing work you have put together

and many many thank you in sharing it with all of us until today!

I am testing it in my spare time and I love your implementation, handy, easy to use, quick and very powerful!

Just wanted to say, keep up the good work!

Edited by AlexNardini

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Milan,

Been following this project for a while, and would love to give it a whirl. Is there any chance you would be able to compile your 12.5 linux version for gcc 4.1?

cheers,

-j

I'm trying to resolve it second day and I stilI can not install gcc4.1. I use Ubuntu and in Package Manager I have only gcc4.4 and 4.5. It's crazy :(

If I install gcc, it will be easy to install Houdini, compile Bullet Library and compile plugin.

Edited by MilanSuk

Sorry to hijack this thread, but it was announced awhile back I think that gcc 4.1 will be dropped for the next major Houdini release.

I can imagine that in studios They don't want to update If everything works fine. But for me it's not so easy to install all compilers and support more Linux distributions :(