shaders for Underwater Scene

saguaro

• 2 years later...

Just so you know; that tutorial has screenshots of Houdin UI from back at version 4. That is about 4-5 years old, I'd say. While the same theory can still apply today, there are probably a hundred faster, more interactive and more fun ways to do this now. :)

Please don't use that tutorial as a guide for how to interact with Houdini in its present form.

Take care,

J

Just so you know; that tutorial has screenshots of Houdin UI from back at version 4. That is about 4-5 years old, I'd say. While the same theory can still apply today, there are probably a hundred faster, more interactive and more fun ways to do this now. :)

Please don't use that tutorial as a guide for how to interact with Houdini in its present form.

Take care,

J

We dont, ;)

In many ways the tutorial has lots of gaps, but as you said the theory covers how to install those famous scripts. I'm not sure if is a lot of information about it . For me, it works when I combine few other steps. And If you are learning how to use the application I think it gives a sort of UI approach. Well is a bit old school. I don't know if with the next Houdini's 9 UI, any line of code will be "seen " as an operator just scrolling down the pop up menu from the right plus button. :blink: