Wiimote

anakin78z

Ok, I don't have my Wii yet (it's in the mail), but I did already get another wii controller (a.k.a wiimote). Since I heard about people hooking those up to computers, I decided to give it a shot, and naturally the first thing I tried to do is to hook it into houdini :D .

Here are my results:

I wrote a little car simulation that lets me drive a car in houdini. It was actually amazingly simple to get going... Maybe this could be an fx challenge? Show off what you can do with a wiimote and houdini? If not, I'll go into more detail on how I did it...

Cheers,

Jens

Ok, the wiimote is basically a bluetooth device. I used a program called GlovePIE, which lets you remap the wiimote signals to various things using a pretty simple scripting language. I'm 'cheating' by remapping it to the mouse control, then use a mouse chop to read the data. The rest of the car simulation is all chops. I agree that a DOPs one is in order... I was worried that DOPs wasn't fast enough, so I went with chops initially.

Steven, the remote is $40 by itself, which is not a bad deal.

sum][one, there are drivers for linux. I think there's even a website dedicated to Wii+Linux ( http://wiili.org ).

Cheers & happy hacking.

-z

[one' date=Jan 2 2007, 12:23 PM' post='32846]

Awesome!

In this days i'm really wii-addicted (zelda is a drug)...this video combine my 2 passions wii+houdini...:D :D

Funny....this post is mine not sum][one...i wrote reply from my pc logged whit my account but it's appear like a sum][one reply???? Lol ....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...