Jump to content

Leaderboard


Popular Content

Showing most liked content on 07/31/2017 in all areas

  1. 2 points
    Since I couldn't figure out how to really fuse and connect points of different wires while still getting the wire solver to work properly I just connected the points with spring contraints. Much easier solution even though there's still lots of space for improvement... wire_constraints.hipnc
  2. 1 point
    You can use the Ray node set with minimum distance for that. Take a look trails_thing_Sphere.hipnc
  3. 1 point
    Really nice! is it possible to do on a sphere so the lines wrap around??? I'm trying but cant come up with a way to do it.
  4. 1 point
    Hi all, I had been doing a rnd project on how to generate knitted garments in Houdini lately. And one my inspiration was from a project which was done by Psyop using Fabric engine and the other one is done by my friend Burak Demirci. Here are the links of them. http://fabricengine.com/case-studies/psyop-part-2/ https://www.artstation.com/artist/burakdemirci Some people asked to share my hip file and I was going to do it sooner but things were little busy for me. Here it is, I also put some sticky notes to explain the process better, hope it helps. Also this hip file is the identical file of the one that I created this video except the rendering nodes https://vimeo.com/163676773 .I think there are still some things that can be improved and maybe done in a better way. I would love to see people developing this system further. Cheers! Alican Görgeç knitRnD.zip
  5. 1 point
    Very pretty! Similar things have been covered here before, here's a rebuild of one of those techniques. Dunno how the c4d stuff is working, but this setup isn't controlling the paths by the dots, its the other way around; generate a volume of curl noise, scatter points, trace lines in the volume from those points, do stuff. trails_thing.hipnc
  6. 1 point
    For the penetration issues, just increase the collision padding, then I also decreased the grain separation a tad, I also changed the grains from sheet to solids, decreased the constraint iterations to get them a bit spongier, and in SOPs, something that should be on from the start, I activated the "compute mass" (with a low number) in the grain source as, without it, the solver just has a tendency to do weird stuff (though more important with loose grain setups than using them as sheet/solid). Personally, I would say - to paraphrase Donald Trump - the grain update node is a mess. You really have no idea what stuff does and if you read the help section about it and think you understand what they do, it's still not gonna do what you want, sadly. This is actually a type of setup that is easier to control in PFlow where it's all about the constraints while Houdini's grains are their own constraints, if I understand it correctly - either way, they seem to work more like FLIP than as particles with constraints. It's not the easiest feature to setup and get predictable results from, that's for sure.
×