Welcome to od|forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ParticleSkull

Members
  • Content count

    182
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

11 Good

1 Follower

About ParticleSkull

  • Rank
    Initiate

Personal Information

  • Name Alvaro
  • Location Brazil

Recent Profile Visitors

1,475 profile views
  1. Thank's guys, I found out it's already working properly on Maya. If someone else have this problem on 3ds Max, you just have to apply a Unwrap UVW as soon as you import the object (don't move the timeline, otherwise it will break the uv). Cheers, Alvaro
  2. Thank's David, I'll check wich version of maya the guys are using
  3. Hey guys, I really need some help here, I'm in the middle of a project and can't export the simulated cloth with proper UVs (exporting it as alembic / must work in Maya) Here are some statements about the situation: - if I export the grid mesh, with no simulation, the UVs are read correctly outside of Houdini; - if I export the simulation, directly from the dopimport1 node, it doesn't work outside of Houdini; - the UVs are ok when I import it back to Houdini (and unpack the geometry); - the cloth is gettin' ripped on my original scene, this way I can't use an attribute copy to get the uvs from the original mesh (since it's point count is changing); - If I import it to 3ds Max, it work's at the first frame but as soon as I run the timeline it get id of the uv. I can get the 1st frame uv to stick to the object if I add an Unwrap UVW modifier to it. Tried to export it from Max to Maya but it doesn't work; I did a quick test here in a much simplier scene, with a plane only and get the same problem. The scene file is attached + 2 exported alembics (with and without simulation) Thank's in advance Cloth Problem.rar
  4. Thx Remi!
  5. YEAH That's awesome, thank's David. I'll dissect it now
  6. Yeah Atom, polywire is exactly what I was looking for. For some reason I always forget it's name! Thx Gavin, I'm exporting from this fur node and it's working perfectly. I've just added a few nodes to control it's thickness properly. I'm attaching a working scene file in case someone else have this same doubt. Thx Here's what i've added to the fur node: Hair Export.rar
  7. Hey Luke, Yes, I'm using the shelf tools. On a smooth shaded view I can see the hair with some kind of thickness. On a wireframe view I can see it's only a line/guide. It would be enough if I could give this line any kind of thickness to export it. It would be perfect if I could export a mesh just like the way I see it on the viewport, with thickness at the base and a point at the top
  8. Hi guys, I need to export some hair as alembic but it's not as easy as it looks like. I think it need to be converted to geometry first. Do you guys have any idea on how to proceed?
  9. Thank you very much David, I really apreciate your help. I understand what you said but my lack of knowledge sucks, I'm still trying it though
  10. Thx again @davpe, but how can I filter by primitive normal?
  11. Thank's guys, unfortunatelly I've just realised this workflow doesn't work on my real scene. Check it out: This hole is generated on a simulation. I have another idea on how to extrude the borders (it's on the file) but have no idea on how to add a noise displacement to it.. I'm totally running out of ideas now Rip Paper FEM 1bb.rar
  12. Hey guys, I'm trying to add detail to some ripped paper mesh. This is the kind of detail i'm trying to achieve: I almost achieved it using this workflow: EDIT: THIS WORKFLOW DOESN'T WORK AT ALL (it sucks btw ) 1 - Give the paper (grid) a little thickness using a PolyExtrude 2 - Get the PolyExtrude's Side Group and apply a new PolyExtrude on it 3 - Get the new PolyExtrude's Front Group and add displacement on it (usign attribute vop) This would totally work if the paper kept it's thickness. Here's what I need: http://imgur.com/kbonbMT and here's what happens: http://imgur.com/grzS4FT I'd really apreciate if you guys have a better idea on how to proceed, even with a totally different workflow File is attached in case someone would like to have a look Thank you, Alvaro paper boards v1a.rar
  13. weird, i'll try the link only: http://forums.odforce.net/topic/28627-granular-sheet-cant-rip-the-mesh/ it was like this:
  14. Hey Anthony, this post got duplicated for unknown reasons, there's some pretty cool solutions at the original one (link below) Unfortunatelly when I tried to apply it on a real project, with some different aspects, all the solutions turned out to look ugly so I had to simulate it with the standard cloth/fem solver + pre-fractured geometry.
  15. Alright, in fact I realise where's the source of the problem. It was on the Clean node and I just had to uncheck "Remove Degenerate Primitives" and now it's workign fine Still would like to know how to select the holes though, just by curiosity.