Jump to content

3dome

Members
  • Content count

    125
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

35 Excellent

About 3dome

  • Rank
    Initiate

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    www.mueller-dominik.com

Personal Information

  • Name
    Dominik
  • Location
    Munich

Recent Profile Visitors

1,472 profile views
  1. cull spheres based on bounding object

    convert alembic into polygons, pack them with assemble then do the group thing on points and it should work
  2. you already have an id attrib. you are creating it just before the solver don't care about the ptnum Houdini is displaying in the viewport. It does change of course that is why you have the id attrib. Just like with a particle sim where particles die and new ones get born they constantly change their ptnum in viewport but id (in spreadhsheet) stays the same and no, setting id to ptnum after the solver wont help at all
  3. i dont understand your problem. the id's stay the same just fine. have a look at geometry spreadsheet. also both deletes work fine
  4. b balance the values and it should work just fine
  5. whats wrong with it? works just fine. maybe you got irritated by the default grey material?
  6. jsut leave that half-band voxels and radius scale at default and you should be good to go
  7. Gas Disturbance vs Gas Turbulence [solved]

    1) gas turbulence under Bindings tab the Density field specifies where turbulence is calculated. This works togehter with Influence Threshold (under Turb Settings). So setting the threshold to 0 might give you turbulence before density is present (can't try right now). 2) gas disturb temperature field works because it's a scalar field whereas vel is a vector field. Tick that checkbox disturb is vector field and it disturbs the vel field.
  8. Subfracturing in a SOP Solver

    yup weired. just tried it again and now it did crash in 16.5 aswell anyway I had the idea of prefracturing it down to the max fractured level and using constraints to hold the pieces together... it made me crazy but I finally got a solution working. but I feel like I missed something that does the same thing waaaaaay easier dm_dancing_sphere.hipnc edit: might have a closer look at why your file aint working when I got time
  9. über slow

    it was snappy the last days for me, now it is slow again
  10. Subfracturing in a SOP Solver

    works for me. was able to play the whole framerange without any trouble (H16.5). Edit: H16 does crash for me too
  11. The Cube

    i think the detail (cuts) on the "heights" (which is also found in the "valleys") is just simple voronoi lines (couldnt figure out a clean way in my scene so I eyeballed it) cube_v002.hipnc
  12. Alembic fracture

    is the geometry animated? if yes it probably is the reason for changing point numbers after voronoi. there are a couple threads here dealing with fracturing animated objects in a way that the voronoi stays the same. if thats not the case it's hard to debug without a (example) scene file
  13. Alembic fracture

    might be that the alembic has changing topology aka polycount
  14. Creating a force array in vex

    yes sure. you can do something like this: float upforce = fit01(rand(@id), ch("min_force"), ch("max_force")); v@force = set(0, upforce, 0);
  15. Creating a force array in vex

    I don't understand.. a force is a vector so if you just want to modify the y-component of that forcevector you cannot use an array. You can only use a single element of that array.
×