Jump to content


  • Content count

  • Donations

    0.00 CAD 
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

7 Neutral

About kiryha

  • Rank
  • Birthday 05/06/1977

Contact Methods

  • Website URL

Personal Information

  • Name
    Kiryha Krysko
  • Location
  • Interests
    Houdini, Photography, Cookery

Recent Profile Visitors

638 profile views
  1. Hi, Jesper! Nice setup! How does this command work? rand(@ptnum +45,65) I did not find three arguments example in docs. Cheers!
  2. I took the first brute force idea from this topic and implement it with VEX. Connect Attribute wrangle node to a geometry and check @show attribute in Geometry Spreadsheet: float rand = rint(rand(@ptnum)*10); int porbMap[] = {0,0,2,2,2,4,4,4,4,4}; int randMapped = porbMap[rand]; s@show = sprintf('%s', randMapped); the probMap is an array where you define your conditions. I reduce array size from 100 to 10, so instead of 20 zeros for 20% probability of selecting zero points, you need to enter only 2 (30% probability to select 2 points and 50% probability to select 4 points). Its awful algorithm and I am not 100% sure If it's working correctly. Certainly, there should be a more elegant solution!
  3. Thanks, Garg! It was a version issue, in 16.5.439 my alembic scene is working!
  4. I don't think the issue is with alembic file, I just convert *.bgeo.sc sequence to *.abc with the default settings. The result would be the same with any other ABC, I tried another one from Maya, simple sphere deformation, no luck as well.
  5. Bump! There should be some easy fix for that... @anim ? Option with packed disk geometry working, but something wired going on with my mesh in random frames. Se example for frame 73: Anyway, the Alembic workflow is better, so I need to figure out what is wrong with it. NIS_copyStamping_001.hipnc
  6. I am trying to recreate alembic instancing and it does not work for me, I do not get animation from alembic file. sim_A_01.abc NIS_copyABC_001.hipnc
  7. Copy to points multiple geometry

  8. Scale PolyWire on colonization curves

    Fuse node before polywire did the trick.
  9. Scale PolyWire on colonization curves

    I found a way to manage polywire width depending on the points age. The issue is that it works extremely slow and crashes very soon. Before polywire node simulation goes very fast and I can build a whole structure for several seconds (around 1000 frames). But with polywire after 80 frames it slows down dramatically and then crashes. Is there a workaround? spaceColonization_04_out.hipnc
  10. Imported FBX has broken UVs

    Aha! I noticed that I have 3 UV attributes, but did not get to rename them, just tried to delete redundant instead. Finally, I combine the mesh in Maya, split and group again and this helped. Now I see I have UV sets in Maya, probably I could to delete them to fix the issue. Thanks, Atom!
  11. Can`t figure out why my UVs are broken after importing FBX to Houdini. Tried different format versions — no luck. Importing this file into Maya works fine. ROMA_004.fbx
  12. Aha! There is a slightly more easy solution: "Import Directly Into obj/Network" checkbox in Import FBX dialog window...
  13. Ok, quick script to merge FBX data into Geometry node # 256 Pipeline tools # Convert FBX subnetwork to Geometry node # Import FBX into Houdini, select FBX subnetwork, run script in Python Source Editor import hou # Get selected FBX container and scene root FBX = hou.selectedNodes() OBJ = hou.node('/obj/') def checkConditions(): ''' Check if environment conditions allows to run script without errors ''' if not FBX: # If user select anything print '>> Nothing selected! Select FBX subnetwork!' return 0 def convert_FBX(): ''' Create Geometry node and import all FBX part inside ''' # Create Geometry node to store FBX parts geometry = OBJ.createNode('geo', run_init_scripts = False) geometry.setName('GEO_{}'.format(FBX.name())) geometry.moveToGoodPosition() # Get all paerts inside FBX container geometry_FBX = [node for node in FBX.children() if node.type().name() == 'geo'] # Create merge node for parts merge = geometry.createNode('merge') # Replicate FBX structure in Geometry node for geo in geometry_FBX: # Create Object Merge node objectMerge = geometry.createNode('object_merge') objectMerge.setName(geo.name()) # Set path to FBX part object objectMerge.parm('objpath1').set(geo.path()) objectMerge.parm('xformtype').set(1) # Link part to merge merge.setNextInput(objectMerge) # Set Merge Node flags to Render merge.setDisplayFlag(1) merge.setRenderFlag(1) # Layout geometry content in Nwtwork View geometry.layoutChildren() # Check if everything is fine and run script if checkConditions() != 0: # Get FBX network FBX = FBX[0] # run conversion convert_FBX() print '>> CONVERSION DONE!'