DSO loading error?? why

CSN0309

Hi~

I was tried to install the hotbin_win64_H10.0.401_1.0rc8 on my houdini10.0.401_1(64bit). But now i got problem, i just copy all the files to the Houdini root path, when i launch Houdini, i got a DSO Error"(126)Couldn't load D:/Houdin~1.40/houdini/dso/SOP_Ocean.dll, This is probably because this file was intended for use with a different version of houdini" I got puzzle??why? i put the same version together.

Thank you

Have you put the path to the libfftw3-3.dll on your PATH environment variable ? You could, if you wanted to go this route, copy the included libfftw3-3.dll file to your D:/Houdin~1.40/bin folder alongside houdini.exe, but I wouldn't recommend that way. Instead read the installation documentation at -

http://anusf.anu.edu.au/~drw900/houdini/ocean/docs/

where you will see an alternative method that involves setting a couple of environment variables.

-Drew

Hi~

I was tried to install the hotbin_win64_H10.0.401_1.0rc8 on my houdini10.0.401_1(64bit). But now i got problem, i just copy all the files to the Houdini root path, when i launch Houdini, i got a DSO Error"(126)Couldn't load D:/Houdin~1.40/houdini/dso/SOP_Ocean.dll, This is probably because this file was intended for use with a different version of houdini" I got puzzle??why? i put the same version together.

Thank you

Edited by eloop