HOT Install 10.0.465

Cyndre

Hi,

I am really struggling to get the HOT installed on version 465 under windows 7. I followed the instructions for binary installation as I don't understand the compile instrucitons from source.

I have managed to get the example files to open in Houdini but when I start a new project and shift tab then enter Ocean it doesn't come up.

Can anyone help me and explain what I am doing wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same issue as Cyndre... I have successfully used the Ocean Toolkit under Win Vista 64 in Houdini version 10.0.374 but now with a new system using Windows 7 and Version Houdini 465 I can not get it to work.

I have downloaded new win 64 zip file for the Houdini version and edited the HOUDINI_PATH and the Path environment variables to point to the folder with no results. The Ocean SOP is not there. Example files load but the Ocean SOP does not appear. I would really appreciate any thoughts and help getting HOT to work in this configuration. Thanks....

• 3 months later...

Hi, i'm desesperatly trying to install HOT for Houdini 10.0.465 on xp 64... I downloaded the binary distribution hotbin_win64_H10.0.465_1.0rc8 (seems to be the perfect one for my config) from the google code website and then, following HOT help ( http://anusf.anu.edu.au/~drw900/houdini/ocean/docs/ ) add the path to my PATH variable. When i add the HOUDINI_PATH variable and set it correctly, houdini doesn't want to start anymore after few errors' messages.... So i remove the variable, then houdini shows up but i can't make any of the examples' files to work...

If someone succeed to install and use HOT within the same config, please show me the way...

Thanks a lot

Nico

Edited by Div

Hi guys, i don't try install on Vista or Windows 7, but i recommend compile the source instead using binary distribution.

but on mac and linux i have some problems that i solved login as root...

So maybe it's a same kind of problem, did you try disable UAC (User Accout Settings) before compling it?

or change permissions on some folders in $HFS (AKA houdini framework home), to see where is in your system, type HFS on terminal

All Programs > Side Effects Software > Houdini X.X.XXX > Command Line Tools.

there is a specifc topic here on odforce about it

i hope that is help...

Cheers

Hi, i'm desesperatly trying to install HOT for Houdini 10.0.465 on xp 64... I downloaded the binary distribution hotbin_win64_H10.0.465_1.0rc8 (seems to be the perfect one for my config) from the google code website and then, following HOT help ( http://anusf.anu.edu.au/~drw900/houdini/ocean/docs/ ) add the path to my PATH variable. When i add the HOUDINI_PATH variable and set it correctly, houdini doesn't want to start anymore after few errors' messages.... So i remove the variable, then houdini shows up but i can't make any of the examples' files to work...

If someone succeed to install and use HOT within the same config, please show me the way...

Thanks a lot

Nico

Sorry I'm not able to keep up with the windows updates, I just don't have the spare time to generate binaries for all the platforms. I hope someone else can provide this service.

This error sounds like you forgot to add the "&" at the end of the HOUDINI_PATH variable, it's important.

-Drew

Thanks a lot

Nico