Andrea Menozzi

MENOZ

Some good stuff in there!

Nice to see you covering several applications too!

How do you find the scriptability/controlability of fumefx?

I have not used it myself, but I've seen some very good results especially combined with krakatoa.

Some good stuff in there!

Nice to see you covering several applications too!

How do you find the scriptability/controlability of fumefx?

I have not used it myself, but I've seen some very good results especially combined with krakatoa.

Thank you!

fumefx is pretty simple to use, his strenght in my opinion is the simulation speed and the quick preview, this enables you to tweak parameters and have a "fast" result. This gives you a good level of control, I can't tell you about the scriptability side, for shure Houdini offers way more control over every aspect of the simulation, and I would go with houdini instead of fumefx for more complex things.

krakatoa rocks too! but again, nothing that can't be done in Houdini, and with far more level of control.

I hope to put some houdini fluids videos soon!

Thank you again! :)

Thank you!

fumefx is pretty simple to use, his strenght in my opinion is the simulation speed and the quick preview, this enables you to tweak parameters and have a "fast" result. This gives you a good level of control, I can't tell you about the scriptability side, for shure Houdini offers way more control over every aspect of the simulation, and I would go with houdini instead of fumefx for more complex things.

krakatoa rocks too! but again, nothing that can't be done in Houdini, and with far more level of control.

I hope to put some houdini fluids videos soon!

Thank you again! :)

Nice reel andrea!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@ few_a_fx

thank you! are you talking about the drop-in-eater effect? it is rendered using krakatoa. It's very fast and easy to tweak colors and shadows. I think an important aspect is to give the impression of the density of the fluid paying attention on how much light scatter through the liquid :S , adjusting the shadow density and opacity. In houdini I foud that rendering a deepshadow then read it back can help you to tweak the "softness" effect. I think there is a discussion over the forum where it speaks about rendering like krakatoa...

@ dyei nightmare

hello, the base idea is to move points from a state to another, and use those points and their orientation to drive other pieces of geometry. In this case I used chops to give a global low frequency oscillation effect to the points, to give a Lag effect and to interpolate from the moving points state, to the formed logo state.

for the logo I only copied cubes on the points, for the name I attached each piece of geometry to a point. If you have lots of objects it is a little slow, but it works.

You should pay attention to the orientation too, not only to the position of the points!