Export realflow particles

vectorheadsp

Hello,

I am new to houdini and I am trying to export my particles from houdini to realflow. I am using the newest plugins, and the houdini version I am using is Houdini Master non commercial newest build. My problem is when I try to render out my particles via RF party exporter I get an error meassage saying only 44. Is there a way to see what the error really is? Is it possible I need to cache first? I have a simple set up an object emiting particles and I have my SOP path set to /obj/particle_emitter1/popnet1 and my output file is going to a folder I created on the desktop. I also have my popnet1 connected to my rf_particle_export.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong?

Many Thanks!

Edited by vectorheadsp

Hello,

I am new to houdini and I am trying to export my realflow particles from houdini. I am using the newest plugins, and the houdini version I am using is Houdini Master non commercial newest build. My problem is when I try to render out my particles via RF party exporter I get an error meassage saying only 44. Is there a way to see what the error really is? Is it possible I need to cache first? I have a simple set up an object emiting particles and I have my SOP path set to /obj/particle_emitter1/popnet1 and my output file is going to a folder I created on the desktop. I also have my popnet1 connected to my rf_particle_export.

Many Thanks!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the most recent Houdini build is not supported by the RealFlow plugins. Try using Houdini 10.0.465 until newer plugins are available. Cheers!

Guest xionmark

Hello,

I am new to houdini and I am trying to export my realflow particles from houdini. I am using the newest plugins, and the houdini version I am using is Houdini Master non commercial newest build. My problem is when I try to render out my particles via RF party exporter I get an error meassage saying only 44. Is there a way to see what the error really is? Is it possible I need to cache first? I have a simple set up an object emiting particles and I have my SOP path set to /obj/particle_emitter1/popnet1 and my output file is going to a folder I created on the desktop. I also have my popnet1 connected to my rf_particle_export.

Many Thanks!

Are you using the plugins from Next Limit?

I'm seeing some horrible performance issues with them which has prompted me to re-post my original RF plugins again; some of the differences are a 20X !!! :ph34r:

Mark

@Luke! your everywhere! I was going to post this on the rf-forum but ended up here. I will try the 10.0.465 build but the plugins did install fine, and I was able to get the sd import sop to work. Just having problems with the export partys feature.)

Another weird thing is when I try to import an sd straight from maya it blows up! I have to bring it into RF first and sim it out. I guess its it has to do with some conversion.

@xionmark I am using the realflow plugins. "re-post my original RF plugins again" Did you develop your own?

Thanks!

Hello,

Many Thanks!

Edited by vectorheadsp

Guest xionmark

@xionmark I am using the realflow plugins. "re-post my original RF plugins again" Did you develop your own?

Yes, some 5-6 years ago.

http://digitalcinemaarts.com/dev/real_flow/index.html

I don't know what version of Houdini 10 they are complied for, I'm not in the office to check. It's easy to recompile. but I don't use Windoze, someone else will have to do that.

I'll post the performamce findings soon.

Mark