uv transfer

hi,

what is the best way to transfer uv's from an object (build in houdini export to another app) to original object in houdini... the imported object show the uv(vertex) atribute and everything is displayed correctly in uv view.... when i try to transfer the attrib into the tree houdini crashes? i use attribute copy sop...

thx

A crash like this is most likely a bug. Have a look at the Side Effects Technical Discussion forum post on how to submit a bug:

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=5972

Please post the bug there and it would be fantastic if you could post a file.

If it is confidential data then email the file to support at sidefx.com

i ll post the file but one further question ....

the reason why im asking is because i'm not shure about the z brush - houdini workflow ( i know there are some threads) ... in my case the the geometry is animated preceduraly !before! the mesh for z brush is created:

something like: box - mountain - facet - primitive - fuse - extrude - bevel - subd - !!then export!! a.s.o.

that is the reason why i can't use the zbrushgeo in my tree ... i only need the uv setup created in z bsrush ??

i m shure thats a pretty standard issue?

thx a lot

your geometries differ in point count, or for your needs in vertex count

attribute copy copies specified attribute based on vertex/point/primitive number, so it may produce unexpected results if they differ or are shuffled

it should not crash however and it does not crash on my laptop, it works ok, except for the fact i described above

if you want to copy attributes between geometries of different resolution use attribute transfer SOP instead, but you should align the geometries as closely as possible in 3d view before

it should not be your case however if you just export model, make uvs in another app, then bring back, the point count should not change and using attribute copy is perfectly normal workflow then