Sparks Check it out and please dont laugh at me...

ashrafgh

Ok guys i made this whole spark thing.... and i need some input... I like it but the whole compositing thing is hitting me hard. So take a look and offer up the critique... If you dont mind of course.....

and sorry for abnoxious quick time..

Here it is

iam not able to view the movie at work, but keep in mind whatever you can do in 3D, do it.... save 2D tricks as a last resort. what are you trying to do with cops?

oh and hey, if iam making no sense, feel free to hit the person sitting next to you B)

• 1 year later...
iam not able to view the movie at work, but keep in mind whatever you can do in 3D, do it.... save 2D tricks as a last resort. what are you trying to do with cops?

oh and hey, if iam making no sense, feel free to hit the person sitting next to you  B)

7649[/snapback]

sorry for the late reply but...

nice work good matchmove.

I would pull the color saturation back a bit and scale the sparks down about

30-40% . I would also have them split shortly after they are born. The first set of sparks fall too slowly I think. The second shower feels like it falls better than the first. I agree that they should die sooner. The interactive

lighting on the pole would help alot. even an overall brightness to match the sparks timing. look at footage from some action movies to see how bright and blown out the image can become when you have bright electrical sparks. also take note of the color which almost always goes to white as it blooms out the image, usually not too much color except for the last few frames of the sparks.

Wow did I just say all that... :blink:

It's all ment constructively. Hope this Helps.

• 9 months later...
Ok guys i made this whole spark thing.... and i need some input... I like it but the whole compositing thing is hitting me hard. So take a look and offer up the critique... If you dont mind of course.....

and sorry for abnoxious quick time..

Here it is

7536[/snapback]

Hey Ashraf

The link does not work anymore to this... can you repost? I'd like to check it out :)

--Carlos