world position from uv texture coordinates

Thanks for the feedback.

That´s the effect I want, but with several points in the geometry level.

I could use primuv() expression to get the position from uvs but it only works with parametric ones, I want to use texture uvs.

In the file I can achieve a similar effect using a VEX similar to primuv() expression, one of the problems is that the obj must be a mesh, I want to be able to use it on a polygon object, and the points doesn't stick on it´s rest position.

uv_to_position.hipnc

Eita!!!! :lol:

Petz, you are the man!!! You can´t imagine how much you did helped me, again :P , thank you very much. This intersect VEX VOP does all that I want, amazing! :D

Even achieving the same effect I still wish that could be a clever way to convert the object local UV surface texture coordinates to XYZ world postion.

Anyway thank you again!

Edited by Mzigaib

Even achieving the same effect I still wish that could be a clever way to convert the object local UV surface texture coordinates to XYZ world postion.

I don't see anything with Macha's use of the Sticky object. If you're looking for more of a SOP level point operation, you can still use the Sticky object.

eg.

• 4 years later...