LEO-oo-

od[force] challenge 2010

Hi guys. I'm going to participate in this challenge. This is my first challenge ever :rolleyes:

So i have a couple questions..

1)Should i make completely procedural scene ( i mean with a lot of controls, expressions etc.), or i can use just polygonal modeling?

2)May i use some tools from exchange? And if i use a couple of my custom otls,i should provide this otls with a hip file, right?

I wish good luck to all participants :)

Alex.

@Alex

1. There is no need to have the complete scene - you can use just polygonal modeling. The final render should be in Houdini.

2. No problem - you can use stuff from exchange.

Good luck!

Due to workload before the holidays, we received a few requests for additional time to work on the final images. We will extend the deadline for final entries to the

15th of January, 2011.

Due to workload before the holidays, we received a few requests for additional time to work on the final images. We will extend the deadline for final entries to the

15th of January, 2011.

Thats great to hear LEO. I was thinking on joining in on this one but thought it might be to late. I´ll be posting some wip next week :)

edit: too busy schedule I´m afraid. oh well, not the first time that happens. I ended up creating a few objects and experimented with toonshaders and ink outlines but it is far from complete. Best of luck to all challengers.

Edited by SoulVector

Is it possible to extend the challenge one more time, till the end of the month?

For example, I just step over my milestone so got the chance to continue my challenge work from today only, but still have just 4 days :(

So I am not really shure to finish in time unfortunately...

What do you think?

Thank you in advance!

15th of January, 2011.

What time/timezone is the deadline on Jan 15th?

@Zanozza

Sorry - but we cant extent the deadline.

@Allegro

Good question :blink: - Hawaii is 11h+ to MET (Paris, Oslo, Berlin) - please post your final entries until 11.00 MET 16. January 2011 = Midnight 15th in Honolulu

I'm afraid I can't finish in this time...

I'll prepare just a poster - no video then.

What about time in GMT? Quite difficult to understand about "Honolulu" timescale... o_O

Thank you!