A SFX Collection

Lyonz

Hi all,

I have been learning houdini for a while now but still finding it abit overwelming compared to 3ds max and maya. The lack of tutorials doesnt help either and i am hoping that people will use this thread, to share their effects to let one another get a greater understanding of various methods.

I hoping to get a greater understanding for creating effects such as: Tyre tread marks, Acid effects, Force fields, Lazers, Shader effects, Layered snow and so on. I am capable of doing this in 3ds max but not sure which nodes are best for the job in houdini.

Lyonz

You have to check out Peter Quint on Vimeo. Here is the link: http://vimeo.com/user2030228. While I get that he isn't really covering the effects you spoke about these tutorials cannot be missed if you are interested in Houdini. 101 video tutorials and counting.

Thanks for replying yes i have viewed all the PQ tutorials and they dont really cover what i am after. Im after everything thats not explained. Like rigging a car realistically in houdini, effects and so on.

Thanks for replying yes i have viewed all the PQ tutorials and they dont really cover what i am after. Im after everything thats not explained. Like rigging a car realistically in houdini, effects and so on.

I think 3D Buzz have what you want.

www.3dbuzz.com

Edited by Fabiano Berlim

I think 3D Buzz have what you want.

www.3dbuzz.com

Hello I have been through the 3d buzz free tutorials, which were useful in getting started with houdini. The technical rigging dvd/ Technical effects indeed would be great to watch but, i feel that this infomation could be found else where for free. This would help me in creating a car rig for my model. As for SFX they do have one example of creating a tornado but not much else, this is why i started this thread.

Lyonz