MatchMove Render issue

chazfest

Hi,

I'm really new to Houdini so bare with me :unsure:

I set up a basic tracking shot in Boujou which worked brilliantly!! I exported the camera solve as a Houdini .hip file and opened it in Houdini successfully.

I've since added some text to the scene as a test. It all works perfectly (eventually) and I'm delighted with how tight the results are.

Next step is the problem - Rendering:

When I try to start up a Mantra render node it pops up and immediately fails on frame one. The mantra node in the output section then has diagonal red lines through it.

I notice that when I use the 'render region' function / window, the scene appears almost entirely black. Have I not linked the light or camera correctly? Or have I set up the entire node tree wrong from the start?

I've included a screen grab of the situation at present:

HELP?! Please help! lol. I'm losing my mind :blink:

Any advice / help / tips would be massively appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Chaz

post-5992-128415715704_thumb.jpg

hi!

Your camera name is Camera_1 if i see it correctly, by default mantra is looking for camera named cam1, so you have to browse your camera on the mantra node's Main tab.

Amazing! Thanks so much amigo! What a noob mistake that was! lol.

So now I can get it to begin rendering, I'm still getting the same result. A black screen with loads of white blocky noise. It seems to be linked directly to the 'reference points' node, when I switch it's visibility off, the screen is totally black. When I switch it back on though, the text is visible (albeit incredibly dark and in shadow) and the white blocky noise reappears.

Any ideas?

Thanks again for the camera spot, I would never have got that! lol. Guessing Boujou named it 'camera1' instead of 'cam1'?

Fingers firmly crossed you've got another equally brilliant idea now :)

It's hard to tell without seeing the rendered image, or better the .hip, but Mantra likes to render curves, as from the nulls.

Hi, not sure as I follow. The rendered image is just turning out black with loads of white noise and a barely visible text element (as per the 'render region' selection on the screen grab).

If anyone would be good enough to take a look at the project file, that'd be so much appreciated. Not entirely sure if/how it will translate online to another computer, whether the image sequence will re-link etc. I've uploaded a zip file which contains the .hip file and image sequence.

The zip file can be downloaded from here:

http://www.yousendit.com/download/UFVyK0drdGpCSm8wTVE9PQ

It's only active until 18th september though (yousendit).

If anyone can shed any light on this situation I cannot describe how grateful I will be!! I'm so impressed with the accuracy of Boujou's tracking and the quality and power of Houdini, to combine the 2, it would seem, is a potential dream!

If I can get it to work, I may not even render out the image sequence, I may just render out any elements (ie. text, fluid simulations etc) and composite everything within Nuke.

Thanks again for your help so far guys, it really is appreciated :)

Chaz

Took a quick look and be not sure what's your problem. You won't render the nulls, and if you want to see the font object - as with the camera - you have to check the correct name in the light mask. It is set to a light that doesn't exist.

• 1 month later...

Just like Lorenz, said you're shadow masks were set to light that didn't exist. I just changed them to * to accept all lights and turned off visibility for the nulls. Seems to be working just fine.

Zach

Perfect guys! Thanks so much!! Apologies for the delayed response :)