UVs move and sew tool like in maya

Hello

I have little question about UVs. I modeling mainly hardsurface models. So Not so much smoothed object just boxes and ofcourse a lot of beveling. In maya I use mainly Automatic mapping with move and sew.Automatic mapping gets all peaces 1:1 size so all edges for sew fits perfectly. Complex object with this two commands take me no longer than one minutes to crate perfect UVs. But in houdini have some problems. UVunvrap works good, I found in Peters vimeo tutorials about UVs that I can easily select connected UVS and move with them (like in maya "to shell") but problem is with move and sew. I didnt found something in houdini. In maya I select coresponding edge, move and sew and peaces jump and sew and becouse automatic mapping edges has same size ewerything fits perfectly. If I have say 30 peaces of tinny beveled faces which is alone, It takes me couple of seconds to connect it almos automaticaly. Is there some sollution in houdini? Any tips. What is your workflow for UVs in houdini, mainly hardsurface. Thanks a lot. B.C.

There is a way to automatically move and sew in Houdini, but it is a little hard to find. Lay down a 'UVEdit' node in your network and make sure you can see the transform handles in the viewport. Select a row of outer edges on one of your beveled pieces (as you would in Maya) and then right-click in the viewport OUTSIDE the handle area and select 'Toggle Sew Vertices' from the drop down menu.

In order for this to work it is important that the UVEdit node is currently active and not some other tool or transform operation.

• 4 weeks later...

Perfect it works brilliant. Last thing for using UVs in houdini. One is very handy. In maya there is buttom for On/Off show merged UV edges, edges is more wider in UV edit and persp. Edges could be on top of each other but they should not be weldet. Is there some option? Another little thing is, is there some possibility use some shortcut for fast rotation +/- 90 and for mirror U/V ? And that will be all what I need almost for every UVs. Specialy hardsurfaced. Thanks a lot.