How to make flip fluid to form into a mesh?

cashkao

Dear all:

I try to make a flip fluid to form into a mesh, but I have no luck with this project so far...><. I try to use the attractor but it doesn't work. The idea is to have the skull mesh rises from the button to the top and have the flip liquid to form into the mesh.. sort like to attract to the mesh. So when I turn off the skull mesh, I would just see a liquid skull.

Should I create a flip object for the skull? or there is another way to make the flip form into the skull mesh.

Thank you so much for your time.

skull_flip.zip

Edited by cashkao

Dear all:

I try to make a flip fluid to form into a mesh, but I have no luck with this project so far...><. I try to use the attractor but it doesn't work. The idea is to have the skull mesh rises from the button to the top and have the flip liquid to form into the mesh.. sort like to attract to the mesh. So when I turn off the skull mesh, I would just see a liquid skull.

Should I create a flip object for the skull? or there is another way to make the flip form into the skull mesh.

Thank you so much for your time.

It is definitely possible, though I can't tell from the top of my head how to do it, seriously. It also depends what kind of effect your after. It's to bad I don't have time to look at it right now, but if you're looking for a very fluidly like this river monster (guess it was in the first Narnia), then you could try an approach where FLIP particles are heavily attracted by the mesh but constantly shooting over. In theory you should get the shape with an constantly moving fluid. On top of that you could have the splashes or 'leaking' water. The cool thing about this approach is that you should be able to handle it in the pop solver (which is part of the FLIP setup). There has been a topic where a guy was having tons of fun with some really simple expressions on pop network, I think that you could use the same technic in the pop solver. I believe he created a swarm of bee's or mosquito's.

you could try add a follow pop in the popnet, and just make sure to have a scatter with a good number of points on your geo that is the leader, then blend the simulation velocities with the pop-follow velocity

Thank you, ikarus, I will give it a try. And I might have more questions....

I am so happy that I am not alone working with Houdini. Thank you all so much..^^

• 2 years later...

Cool stuff, jonny. I'm kinda new to Houdini and copied your method for the lulz with a teapot--the trial is looking good (for me).

Here are the first few frames (downrez'ed a bit for posting).

I just lowered the particle separation.

post-8993-0-24333600-1355678996_thumb.jp

post-8993-0-66577800-1355678996_thumb.jp

post-8993-0-94017900-1355678996_thumb.jp

Edited by urlGrey