Windows, Houdini, network, install

Macha

Whenever a new production release comes out I install it on all our slaves. I think I'm not doing this right as I always remote-install it on every slave by slave manually. It is a bit tedious...

Is there a way to install it on all machines, all in one go? Most of your machines are windows, some linux. It seems to me it should be possible somehow.

• 2 years later...
Guest mantragora

I have the same problem here...

If you need something for Windows, try this. Very easy to create complicated installers that you can run from CMD. You got possibility to run command from CMD or Powershell from your main machine and execute on all slaves?

Well, I have access, but don´t know how to do. I found that PsExec can do network install from cmd, but I need a way to do a silent install of houdini. 

With that tool you suggested, can you create a silent .msi or .exe? How to bypass the GUI prompts?

Thanks again!

Guest mantragora

Yes, you can.

The only machine that needs to have AutoIT installed is the machine on which you develop plugin, than you just compile it to ".exe" and run on any machine.

To get information of some prompts, windows etc. you use Window Tool that can extract information from any selected by you thing (there is a button "Finder Tool" that activates selection) and with this info you can create scrpt that will manage all strange popups, menus etc.

Just watch some tutorials for it. It even have code completion with Scite editor. Just make sure you install full package.

You need it for Houdini? I'm not promising anything but later this night I may scratch some example script, maybe I still remember how to use it :)

Edited by mantragora