hopbin9

Can Houdini do this fluid setup?

Ok, I'm able to get good results as long as I'm sourcing the fluid from an object. Once I try to stream the fluid using a Particle Fluid Emitter node. It starts exploding just like before. This is driving me insane. I'm not sure why it's exploding on frame 1, but it seems that the particles are to close together when they birth or something like that, but nothing I try seems to fix it.

Try the attached file. Enable the "Pouring" check box on the AutoDopNetwork.

untitled.hip

I'm returning to this problem again after a break. It's been a while and I forget where I was on this, but I'm going to try again.

Hi!!

This is a modified scene of probins9.

The viscosity in SPH its fast and stable if you tweak the right parameters. This scene will be better with the help of a sticky property and more resolution; I have implemented the sticky property for SPH (it's fast and stable, and works very well with high viscosity SPH):

Hi!!

This is a modified scene of probins9.

The viscosity in SPH its fast and stable if you tweak the right parameters. This scene will be better with the help of a sticky property and more resolution; I have implemented the sticky property for SPH (it's fast and stable, and works very well with high viscosity SPH): http://www.vimeo.com/23509302.

SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST

test05_modified.hip

Edited by Pazuzu

the solution to this is a variable viscousity solver that is based on heat. so as you add heat, viscousity decreases, but heat discreases over time and viscousity increases. with a heat value taht is over some threshold you can actually make the particle freeze in place using object space.