Self presentation with 2 pictures :)

Cetras

Hello everyone !

I am a CG artist / TD from the south of France and for my first post here, I would like to show you 2 pictures that I created with Houdini and Mantra :) And I will have certainly a lot of questions about this amazing software :) So ... read you soon !

For these 2 pictures i used Houdini 11 NC HD, and nuke for the compositing, no photoshop retouching, just the background ( the sky in fact ) is made with photoshop in the "Zen" picture, hope you like it ! and C&C are welcomed :)

The Globe

mini_189008Globeweb.jpg

Clic for the full size

Zen...

mini_123806Zen.jpg

Clic for the full size

Guillaume(j)

(and sorry for my english... :-/ )

I enjoy looking at lighting work by others(lighting challenge @ cgtalk), especially when people use houdini to do it. Everybody uses maya and max more often. hehehe

Nice work, i like the globe!

eitht.

Those look good.

There is something about the lighting in the first one that feels off to me. Looks like there isn't enough secondary lighting given how much direct lighting there is. Makes it almost feel like an OpenGL rendering. I think it's the bright contrast of the brass and the surround illumination.

The second is a lot better, but that teapot is the wrong ethnic style given the Asian environment.

Asian Teapots