mennalur

Houdini help file is blank

I just installed Houdini apprentice on my laptop. When I try to open the Houdini help file by clicking on the question mark.I just get a blank page.

This does work on my other laptop. So i don't really know what the problem could be.

post-7250-131697893851_thumb.png

Edited by mennalur

close firefox they usually don't like to coexist :)

Edited by Owl

close firefox they usually don't like to coexist :)

If he have same version as me, then he have same prob, yesterday I updated to latest version and got this error in houdini console:

Could not initialize the help server:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "G:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.64/houdini/python2.6libs\houdinihelp\__init__.py", line 81, in initialize
    index = open_dir(indexdir)
  File "G:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.64/houdini/python2.6libs\whoosh\index.py", line 113, in open_dir
    return storage.open_index(indexname)
  File "G:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.64/houdini/python2.6libs\whoosh\filedb\filestore.py", line 65, in open_index
    return FileIndex(self, schema=schema, indexname=indexname)
  File "G:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.64/houdini/python2.6libs\whoosh\filedb\fileindex.py", line 236, in __init__
    _read_toc(self.storage, self._schema, self.indexname)
  File "G:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.64/houdini/python2.6libs\whoosh\filedb\fileindex.py", line 141, in _read_toc
    check_size("long", _LONG_SIZE)
  File "G:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.64/houdini/python2.6libs\whoosh\filedb\fileindex.py", line 138, in check_size
    " saved %s = %s, this computer = %s" % (name, sz, target))
IndexError: Index was created on different architecture: saved long = 4, this computer = 8

Sidefx said that they release fixed version tomorrow.

Im just wondering how fast they respond on bug submits, cant compare to autodesk.

Sigh ... 5 years later ... the same problem ... but inconsistent.    One time the help works... next it doesn't.   This on Win 7  Houd version 15.5.607

Sorry to hear that, no problem at moment in Windows 10 and Houdini Indie 15.5.480.

Fresh installation of Houdini?

TBH, I prefer more the online documentation than the inline help.