no DOP object names specified - solutions?

misterbil

Hello,

If this has been covered on an other thread, please let me know.

I'm having this warning show up time to time. and it's usually just when I create a RBD object.

any idea how to fix this or what it means?

scene is a little heavy to upload.

thanks for any info

Hello,

If this has been covered on an other thread, please let me know.

I'm having this warning show up time to time. and it's usually just when I create a RBD object.

any idea how to fix this or what it means?

scene is a little heavy to upload.

thanks for any info

What node is giving you this warning?

Sounds like you might have missed to tell the DOP import node what object you want to import to SOPs.

What node is giving you this warning?

Sounds like you might have missed to tell the DOP import node what object you want to import to SOPs.

The dopimport is giving me the error.

Weirdly enough, I recreated the scene and now it works...

If I find the reason or away to fix it I'll post it.

thanks though

• 7 months later...

The dopimport is giving me the error.

Weirdly enough, I recreated the scene and now it works...

If I find the reason or away to fix it I'll post it.

thanks though

I'm getting this exact same error now, and I cannot figure out where it's coming from. I keep disconnecting nodes, but

the dopimport inside the fracture geo keeps the yellow and black border around it. Any solutions to this?

Thanks

Is the dopimport node set to "Fetch geometry data"?? Sometimes this will fix it.

Also make sure the display flag in your dopnet is displaying the correct part of the network that includes the object you are importing back to sops. It's easy to forget and leave it displaying further up the network, and then your object will not import.

Also, if your simulation is not active the import node will display an error. If for example your simulation starts later in the scene.

• 1 year later...

I've tried all different options (ran into this issue with an other project).

and the only way I found to fix it for sure was to save-close houdini - reopen the scene - reclick on the RDB fracture object shelf tool.

a little annoying, my scenes are light and houdini is fast to open so ... no biggy. But I still wish to find a better explanation for people for whom this solution would not work... oldschool? :)

I've tried all different options (ran into this issue with an other project).

and the only way I found to fix it for sure was to save-close houdini - reopen the scene - reclick on the RDB fracture object shelf tool.

a little annoying, my scenes are light and houdini is fast to open so ... no biggy. But I still wish to find a better explanation for people for whom this solution would not work... oldschool? :)

It would be helpful if you could recreate the problem and upload a scene.

Hi Mawi,

This is actually my issue. I can not recreate the problem. It occur randomly.

I believe I follow the same procedure and sometime it gives me an error and sometime (like when I reopen the saved scene) it works fine.

I just would like to know what is this error message triggered by, it's why I was calling to oldschool or anyone at sideFX to see what is this error.

More as an information than anything. :)

thanks

bil

No, nothing that complicated. that's why I am so confused.

I was working on the following project (as test). Created a torus (at scene level), selected it, clicked the pyro/fireball shelf tool, then selected my tunnel and clicked the static rdb. that's when I got my error.

I didn't save, reopened my tunnel scene, did exactly the same and no more error.

I'll try to save the scene next time it happens... mainly want to make sure I'm not crazy! ^_^

tunnel.hipnc

It sounds weird. I have tried to recreate your problem several times without recieving the same error. If you do exact same thing and it shows up an error just some times it is just strange. just post the scene if you got the error again and we can have a look :_)