newbie: how to use "install" realflow for houdini?

Jostein

Hello folks!

I am Jostein from Bergen, Norway - currently doing my MA in Digital Effects at Bournemouth Uni, UK. I have just started using Houdini and would really like to play around a bit with realflow (which I enjoyed immensely with 3ds max) .. but how do I utilize Houdini-files? (I have downloaded the packages and would like to render out geometry as .SD-files)

My guess is that this has something to do with digital assets and OTL-files .. so I'll go straight home and watch the AVIs .... but a bit of help anyway??

Cheers mates!

jostein.

You will need a realflow SD(Scene Description) file exporter for houdini as you would in other packages. If you do a search on here you should come across one someone has posted on here. As far as I know it comes in the form of a SOP.

good luck

:blink:

--Ronnie

Thanks for your help so far, basically what I am asking is how do I use custom-written SOPs/ROPs in Houdini? I have tried reading the .hip-file that is included in the real-flow package Mark has done for Houdini - and still can't render out SD-files...

thanks for your help, guys.. you're the best!

jostein.