sanchoflat

wireframe render

Hi, wanna try to render wireframe, can somebody show me how it s easiest to do :)

Create Material Shader Builder (is Shop context), add WireFrameVOP inside, connect color output to Cf. Change s/t frequency to 1. Apply Matarial. Render it!

If the idea of shader is new to you, than you could choose Hidden Line invisible in view port.

Increase the wire frame width found in "Display options" and crank up the AA settings found in flipbook if you want a sequence.

This what i do for inexpensive wire frames. There is also a opengl rop for setting it up.

Also there is wren which handy at times.

Cheers,

hmm, not really understand how make it. one way - cut unnecessary geometry in photoshop. but i see, that with this method in alpha we have only wireframe, not geometry

hmm, not really understand how make it. one way - cut unnecessary geometry in photoshop. but i see, that with this method in alpha we have only wireframe, not geometry

you may like to watch following video tutorials on rendering. There is one for wire frames too.

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=76&Itemid=259

But the best place for a beginner is Help > starthere.

i make like in this tutorial, but for some reason i havent wireframe on my alpha :(

:o

Sancho my friend i will happily come to russia and show you how to invert an image and use that as alpha, only if you buy me a vodka. :D

But wait.. you just mentioned photoshop. open that image which you just posted and hit Ctrl+i.

Cheers,

hey) maybe you dont understand or i, but on my alpha i should become this - f3c15d9db81604c2f755495a594bfa69.jpg

but i become this - 68e48d7a505e875a3a78782008239bd9.jpg

by the way - meybe they didn't sell me vodka and i hate it :)

Edited by sanchoflat

Okay.. i promise this is the last.

just change background color scheme to dark and save it as a jpg. There you go with not only 1 but 3 alpha channels each in R G B.

I swear mate, I was lucky enough to get photographed with legendary Mr. Ed Catmull. Who along with Alvy Ray Smith termed transparency channel "Alpha".

Unfortunately i forgot to ask why they named it that way :(.

Cheers,

post-6162-132828227094_thumb.jpg

how can i do so, thats on alfa i will have only wireframe?

This is example of previously mentioned method. It's not about shaders, it's about basic skill set in Houdini. Go the trough tutorials, or otherwise you'll become quickly tired.

hth,

skk.

wireframe_test.hip

Edited by SYmek

It's a bit more of a manual approach (i.e. not as clean), but you can also just use a wireframe SOP applied to your polygon geometry if you want actual wireframe geometry to render. Note you'll have to convert your geometry to Polygons if it's not already

wireframe_SOP.hipnc