virtual mirror???

betty

hi guys

I have a simple problem, i need the houdini version of "virtual mirror - Mirai" which is a mirrored version of your character model. So as i would model the left side i can see the right side develop along the way. I have tried duplicate but strange things go on. For instance a simple cube split down the middle, then i duplicate and reverse the normals since i scaled in the negative-x. I will then use a PeakSOP on a point normal and the mirrored normal will move correctly but then the whole duplicated geometry will come sliding across towardws the original geometry!?!?

mmmm....a little confused.

any help would be great

thanks

Betty

• 1 month later...

Hey there,

I'm just getting started with Houdini and am having a little difficulty in getting the mirrored copy to update with changes made to the original.

Do I need to add another SOP other than duplicate to get an instanced half?

Any help appreciated. :)

draz, make sure you're always working on the Sop before your Copy Sop, meaning all subsequent Sops are added before the Copy Sop.

Say the last Sop before your Copy is an Edit Sop; leave the display/render flags on the Edit, and the footprint/template flag on the Copy Sop.

That should work. :)

btw, I don't think it matters wether you use a Duplicate or Copy Sop.