Emitt dust from fractured RBD

jalfort

I've posted these questions in the DOP section since it's related to the RBD but it might be the wrong section so I'm asking here as well:

I just can't wrap my head around one thing:

Emitting dust from fractured objects impact points. I can gather collision data with the RBD Impact node but I can't transfer this to Pyro.

If anyone can give me some pointers I'd be forever greatful.

And a another question:

Is it possible to do a fracture based on a bounding box. For instance. A sphere is travelling towards a pyramid top.

And I want there to be a fracture and dynamic wherever the two objects are meeting, but I do not want the pyramid to facture anywhere that is not within the spheres bounding box. It might sounds weird since I can manually fracture the top, but lets say that the sphere is driven procedurally based on something else and I need the fracture to update according to the spheres position.

I could do these things in 3Dsmax and TP but not in Houdini which is frustrating.

Thanks for any help and pointers.

For the first,how do you get impact points of each piece together?

I'm not actually sure if this is something that goes for H11 since I just downloaded the H12 (been waiting for it because last I checked the pyro it was brutally slow on my computer...and it isn't now I can tell you, the speeds are amazing :).

So there's a node thats called RBD Impact, it basiclly gives you feedback on every single impact between from what it appears, RBD on RBD impacts as well as ground impacts. It collects all the data (you'll see when you use it). However I can't transfer the data from there. In the help I found that there's a new way called Pyro Cluster thats suppose to be great for creating impact dust. It creates a small pyro container for every point. But like I said this is all very diffarent from Max and TP when it comes to logic and I'm hoping someone helps me over the threshold :/

(Hope this was answer to your question)

post-7579-133086751759_thumb.png

• Downvote 2

I'm not actually sure if this is something that goes for H11 since I just downloaded the H12 (been waiting for it because last I checked the pyro it was brutally slow on my computer...and it isn't now I can tell you, the speeds are amazing :).

So there's a node thats called RBD Impact, it basiclly gives you feedback on every single impact between from what it appears, RBD on RBD impacts as well as ground impacts. It collects all the data (you'll see when you use it). However I can't transfer the data from there. In the help I found that there's a new way called Pyro Cluster thats suppose to be great for creating impact dust. It creates a small pyro container for every point. But like I said this is all very diffarent from Max and TP when it comes to logic and I'm hoping someone helps me over the threshold :/

(Hope this was answer to your question)

It may be a good way :) wow...h12

It may be a good way :) wow...h12

Yes wow indeed, download apprentice if you can, it's wonderfully fast :)

I had some more experiance with cluster and RBD Impact.

It didn't work out 100% but I'll give it a go again and maybe I can post some fix.

If anyone can help please do, I'm completley lost!

Yes wow indeed, download apprentice if you can, it's wonderfully fast :)

I had some more experiance with cluster and RBD Impact.

It didn't work out 100% but I'll give it a go again and maybe I can post some fix.

If anyone can help please do, I'm completley lost!

I just merge points set one by one,h11.impact_try.hip

pyro_onImpact.hip

I just merge points set one by one,h11.impact_try.hip

Wow, thats beyond me, where do you get the info for the expressions?

Seems to work alot better than mine (disecting the file).

Could you give me some info on how you solved this, thoughts and so on.

It's what I'm looking for so thank you thank you thank you :)

I'm gonna upload what I have just to share knowledge...or what you call it in my case :)

What I have is a more crude setup, I'm basicly creating spheres where the impact occures and then the sphere emits in this case fuel (it a pyro container...just relized that it should probably be a smoke container :)) Not sure if this is of help to anybody but I guess it's a way to get around the use of expressions. Not that I want to avoid expressions, I'm getting into that now and for the last months.

EDIT: Might add that this setup however crude does seem to be pretty procedural so if I increase the fragments created on impact (right now it's make breakable) it records that as well.

Edited by jalfort

pyro_onImpact.hip

Wow, thats beyond me, where do you get the info for the expressions?

Seems to work alot better than mine (disecting the file).

Could you give me some info on how you solved this, thoughts and so on.

It's what I'm looking for so thank you thank you thank you :)

I'm gonna upload what I have just to share knowledge...or what you call it in my case :)

What I have is a more crude setup, I'm basicly creating spheres where the impact occures and then the sphere emits in this case fuel (it a pyro container...just relized that it should probably be a smoke container :)) Not sure if this is of help to anybody but I guess it's a way to get around the use of expressions. Not that I want to avoid expressions, I'm getting into that now and for the last months.

EDIT: Might add that this setup however crude does seem to be pretty procedural so if I increase the fragments created on impact (right now it's make breakable) it records that as well.

Just a couple of dop expressions,extract impact points which used as source of smoke. :)

Someone could merge points sets by Foreach.

Without checking the hip files a this thread, I must say extracting the impact points info before H12 was simple using dopoption and dopnumrecords, even though you had to know what you were doing.

But now, in H12, not only it´s a matter of seconds using the Impact Analysis DOP, but it gives us all the info we might need! Good times.

Not only that, but in the help card for the RBD Impacts shelf tool you can find step-by-step instructions on how to use it...

Just be aware if you add more RBD objects after the RBD Impacts shelf tool, Houdini (or should I say Python) misconnects a couple of nodes. I will try to warn SESI about it, even if it´s a minor error.

Without checking the hip files a this thread, I must say extracting the impact points info before H12 was simple using dopoption and dopnumrecords, even though you had to know what you were doing.

But now, in H12, not only it´s a matter of seconds using the Impact Analysis DOP, but it gives us all the info we might need! Good times.

Not only that, but in the help card for the RBD Impacts shelf tool you can find step-by-step instructions on how to use it...

Just be aware if you add more RBD objects after the RBD Impacts shelf tool, Houdini (or should I say Python) misconnects a couple of nodes. I will try to warn SESI about it, even if it´s a minor error.

Say you wouldn't be able to put up a full working quick example cause I didn't make full sense of the help about the RBD impact.

And what about the cluster and RBD impact analysis? Anyone got it working?

I'm guessing I'm missing something when moving it to the pyro/smoke container.

Will playround more with Benyee file later (super thanks Benyee!).

So, first of all I want to thank everyone helping. Loudsubs also helped a great deal from another thread.

And second of all it's working now :)

I'm posting my file here so future generations will have some sort of record of what went down or if someone just needs some ideas :)

Benyee after disecting your file I still have one question though:

How did you get your points into the popnet inside imp_points...tried doing it exactly the same but my particles just started shooting of and I can't find any expression binding your particles to the points.

Again thank you and if anyone needs help with Fume or Thinking Particles then just give a shout :)

The file:

pyroOnImpact_solved.hip

So, first of all I want to thank everyone helping. Loudsubs also helped a great deal from another thread.

And second of all it's working now :)

I'm posting my file here so future generations will have some sort of record of what went down or if someone just needs some ideas :)

Benyee after disecting your file I still have one question though:

How did you get your points into the popnet inside imp_points...tried doing it exactly the same but my particles just started shooting of and I can't find any expression binding your particles to the points.

Again thank you and if anyone needs help with Fume or Thinking Particles then just give a shout :)

The file:

pyroOnImpact_solved.hip

Sorry, :D The popnet node is unuseful.