Metaballs as Particle Instances

brucegregory

So far, the tutorial examples that I have seen feature particles as points of geometry and particles with sprites attached. It seems to me that fluid simulation might be better realized with the assistance of metaballs, (though that may not be a very processor economic approach). Does anyone know if this is really a practical answer for the modest workstation, or can anyone state the case for using sprites and shaders for moving water simulation?

If metaballs attached to particles presents a practical alternative, could someone basically outline the process of "instancing" random sized metaballs to particle locations?

Greg Smith

Hi bruce

It depends on what type of effect you're going for.

For something like water falling out of a cup, a fountain , or water running off of a surface

metaballs would do the trick.

>If metaballs attached to particles presents a practical alternative, could >someone basically outline the

>process of "instancing" random sized metaballs to particle locations?

What you

hello,

dont know if youve solved what your looking for, but hope this helps.

once you check the stamp inputs in the copy sop, you can create varibles and name them. here i just created a random function rand($PT) to randomize particles. In the transorm sop of your objects, apply this varible in the uniform scale by using the param() function.

hope this helps

chris

post-21-1069722658.jpg