Pyro 2 explostion R&D

duanxiaozhi

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

You can use the "Volume Compress" SOP, and the .bgeo.gz file format.

Try those settings for the volume compress : Constant tile Tol = 0,Quantization Tol = 0.001, use 16bit Float.

Also if you're not planning to use shader noise, you can get rid of "rest" and "rest2" fields, that should save

you a lot of disk space.

Cool thanks for sharing the file. I'm curious because the Pyro Cache files seem to be about 2GB per frame around the 50 frame mark. Is this usual to have caches that are this large for pyro?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I'm fairly new to houdini and this discussion have been very helpful so far, thank you. Since my mantra rendering skills are very lacking, I'm really curious HOW did u render the final video? How did u export the separate passes for comp? (My "beauty" renders of the sim are looking really awful..) I looked at the vex shader as well, but I could not see many edited stuff there, the settings are pretty much default. (yeah, my personal pyro tests render teribad too, any good pointers for volumetric rendering in houdini is more than welcome)

Cheers, and thanks for any help ! :)

p.s. it seems mantra doesn`t output the assigned passes - fire_mask, smoke_mask and smoke_color are missing :/

Edited by xukca

• 2 months later...