using map to create voronoi fracture

i am trying to do a collapsing ground, everything works fine, but now i whish to add details as seen on this video:

-i believe vop sop is used to achieve that result, or is there any other simple solution?

-how did he do to attach detail version to the simple animation (as stated in the description of the video)

-any way to use map or black and white pictures?

-here is the file to share to the community for anyone wondering how to do a simple controllable falling ground

it is kind of very simple and does the job.

thanks for answering my questions

ground collapse.hipnc

Edited by FR3D

-i believe vop sop is used to achieve that result, or is there any other simple solution?

-any way to use map or black and white pictures?

-here is the file to share to the community for anyone wondering how to do a simple controllable falling ground

it is kind of very simple and does the job.

thanks for answering my questions

1. I didn't use a map for that scene, it's just how it looks from top view! I've seen some people making voronoi fracture working with maps, but it was so expensive, actually too slow for my project!

2. you can use vops for adding noise, but what I did for this project was using a simple version(no interior detail) for sim, caching out my sim and then using that sim to move a detailed version! you have the option to make detailed interior in your voronoi fracture node!

1. I didn't use a map for that scene, it's just how it looks from top view! I've seen some people making voronoi fracture working with maps, but it was so expensive, actually too slow for my project!

2. you can use vops for adding noise, but what I did for this project was using a simple version(no interior detail) for sim, caching out my sim and then using that sim to move a detailed version! you have the option to make detailed interior in your voronoi fracture node!

thanks a lot for answering Ehsan :)

i know about the interior detail, i just thought there was another way to do so.

i just cant get the edge to be that jaggy(they remain straigth), only the parts under the ground get detail

sorry for tracking you down :D

i ll try that now

cheers

FR3D

Edited by FR3D