HDK Questions

Hi all!

I really want to start working with the HDK, but it's been rather difficult to get started since I work in an NT environment...WinXP. Looking at the documentation, apparently I can use the Irix HDK and then port that over to NT. So, to this end, I extracted the HDK, installed cygwin, and then tried to execute hextractheaders.sh. However, hviewfile was claimed to be a non-valid executable...and it really isn't, because it's Irix-based. So, how would I go about setting up the HDK for NT? Not being very Irix-savvy, I'm rather at my wits-end here, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

fixxorion

(I wasn't sure whether this should be placed in the HDK section of the forums, because it seemed rather dead...hope this is ok)

Thanks for the responses! The scripts do require csh/sh. I do successfully execute hextractheaders.sh, but it doesn't finish...it stops when it tries to execute hviewfile.

Jason: Could you maybe possibly ask one of your co-workers how they did it..please? :D

Later,

fixxorion

Unfortunately, the HDK doesn't come with the apprentice version of Houdini. There is, however, a version of the HDK for Windows which comes with the commercial version of Houdini. Since I only have access to the apprentice version, there's no way I can do any development whatsoever. Let's just hope this changes soon.

Later,

fixxorion