Fuel VFX closing

Macha

A very respectful way to handle their troubles. At least they shared what is going on with their staff.

Much better then showing up for work with the front door locked and a letter taped to the front window. That's how studios shut down here in Canada. I could name three studios here that did this to their employees in the last few years. There are people who worked on some major films here who never got paid for their work. Those films by the way were all profitable.

Man, I had these really nice headphones... Take my advise, don't leave things on your desk. The studio might not be in business the next morning.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

Not good. Where's all of this heading...

India and China? The movies don't appear to be making any less (John Carter being the bloated exception here), and with tax credits and the expansion of several major studios into developing nations, the costs must be falling. Why then all the turbulence?

DD .. Stock Falls 75% Over 4 months

http://vfxsoldier.wo...-over-4-months/

More bad news for them today:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/business/digital-domain-defaults-on-loan-shares-plunge-fart/nR27Z/

"Because of the loan default, Digital Domain said in a filing Tuesday with the Securities and Exchange Commission, it now must pay $51 million, including $16 million in interest and penalties, to a group of institutional investors led by Tenor Capital Management of New York. But Digital Domain had only $6.6 million in cash on its balance sheet as of June 30, and the company said bankruptcy is a possibility."

More bad news for them today:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/business/digital-domain-defaults-on-loan-shares-plunge-fart/nR27Z/

"Because of the loan default, Digital Domain said in a filing Tuesday with the Securities and Exchange Commission, it now must pay $51 million, including $16 million in interest and penalties, to a group of institutional investors led by Tenor Capital Management of New York. But Digital Domain had only $6.6 million in cash on its balance sheet as of June 30, and the company said bankruptcy is a possibility."

“I wish we never went public,” Textor said. “We’re a very confusing story as a public company.”

All I can say is "No shit Sherlock". Let's hope investors kick him out and someone a little smarter might be able to steer the ship in the right direction.