Referencing Ramp Parameter

Did you try drag and drop the ramp para on Edit Operator Type(window that pops up upon digital asset creation) > Existing Parameter >root ?

Yes I tried that already, it gives me other parameter in ramp parameter except for ramp(UI)

Edited by Ankit Sinha

I'm not sure what you are trying to do, but here is how to create a Ramp parameter in VOP and then make it usable at the assets UI.

Start Houdini, and drop a Geometry object, then go inside delete the File SOP

Drop a VOP SOP node and go inside.

Drop a Ramp Paramater VOP node.

Go up one level and see the Ramp parameter for the VOP network.

Go up one level to the Geometry node.

Select "Edit Parameter Interface" to edit the parameters for the Geoemetry object.

Click "From Nodes" tab

Expand "geo1" and "vopsop1".

You should see the "Paramater (ramp)" as a folder, this is the Ramp Parameter from VOP. Drag that to your parameter list.

Click accept.

Remember for the an asset you should do this using the Type Properties and not the Edit Parameter tool menu, but the approach is the same.

• Like 1

i want ramp ui in digital asset but it should drive another ramp in VOP SOP.

Ramp is tweaking some parameter in vop sop , in this case it is pscale. So the another ramp that you want to be driven by the first one must be tweaking something inside vop sop, say another attribute - 'foo' then just connect output of ramp1in vop sop to the input of this add attrib node which is creating attrib foo as well as another add attrib creating pscale.

If you can explain what you want to do in more details , it will be easy to help you.

Edited by sadhu

I'm not sure what you are trying to do, but here is how to create a Ramp parameter in VOP and then make it usable at the assets UI.

Start Houdini, and drop a Geometry object, then go inside delete the File SOP

Drop a VOP SOP node and go inside.

Drop a Ramp Paramater VOP node.

Go up one level and see the Ramp parameter for the VOP network.

Go up one level to the Geometry node.

Select "Edit Parameter Interface" to edit the parameters for the Geoemetry object.

Click "From Nodes" tab

Expand "geo1" and "vopsop1".

You should see the "Paramater (ramp)" as a folder, this is the Ramp Parameter from VOP. Drag that to your parameter list.

Click accept.

Remember for the an asset you should do this using the Type Properties and not the Edit Parameter tool menu, but the approach is the same.

yeah, that step was my first try and it doesn't work(for VOP SOP particularly).

Ramp is tweaking some parameter in vop sop , in this case it is pscale. So the another ramp that you want to be driven by the first one must be tweaking something inside vop sop, say another attribute - 'foo' then just connect output of ramp1in vop sop to the input of this add attrib node which is creating attrib foo as well as another add attrib creating pscale.

If you can explain what you want to do in more details , it will be easy to help you.

i was trying to reposition the points based on Ramp, so i wanted a ramp in UI of digital asset which controls ramp in vop sop. There were other way to do this but all required setup change like adding extra attribute and etc. I wanted a method that could directly hook both ramp. It seems there is no way around to do this except for changing the setup.