clip sop different in 6.1?

deecue

I've moved to using 6.1 now and i am encountering a problem with the clip sop. My setup includes starting off with bringing a bgeo in via file sop. I then clip the base model in half, do a bunch of editing and detail modeling and mirror back over.

This all has been working great in 6, but as of today and using 6.1, that first clip sop is not working the same as before and thus changing all the later editing and alterations for detail in to a mess. I have tried other methods. such as having the clip sop only output above and below groups. Converting them to point groups via group sop and then using delete sop to get rid of the appropriate group. I've even just tried making a group based on selection and deleting them. All these methods end up screwing the model in the end big time because of pt number changes.

So why is the clip sop acting so different now? Am i doing something wrong here? Here are some images to explain whats going on:

Houdini 6 clip sop: all nice and pretty...

clip6.jpg

Houdini 6.1 clip sop: not so nice and pretty...

clip61.jpg

And finally, what my used to be full featured baby is now....

clip2.jpg

Any help is appreciated... Thanks guys..

Dave

It looks like it could be a bug to me... you may want to post this on the sesi forum too.

One way to fix it for the moment is to blast all those extra polys out. It should be easy enough to select them all.

Cheers

Marc