New Content: By time period (Content I have not read) change?

New site looks really great, but I can't figure out something that was very useful in the old site. When I clicked on the New Content page and selected content I have not red in the old site it displayed every topic that I had never read from the beginning of the site. Now it seems that it is only displaying unread content from when the !!site switched to the new format. Is this intentional or not? Perhaps the behavior or date can be modified in the preferences, but so far I haven't been able to figure it out.

The other time period options work well enough, but it was great to have all of the unread posts collected together and all other content hidden. If anyone knows how to revert back to this behavior in the new format please let me know.

thanks!

There's a link on the left table that says: "content I have not read". It should show you all the posts you haven't read. If it's only showing you back until the upgrade then I can only imagine that something happened in the upgrade that wiped it out. It was working fine for me though, so I'm not entirely sure how it would've done that.

The view new content has been overhauled for this version though, so it's possible that something went wrong.

M

If it's only showing you back until the upgrade then I can only imagine that something happened in the upgrade that wiped it out. It was working fine for me though, so I'm not entirely sure how it would've done that.

yes, this is exactly the behavior now, it only shows new posts since around the 28th of September. When I select "past year" it shows a lot of posts with blue unread circles, so I guess maybe something is wrong with my account. Will try creating a new one to see if that fixes anything.

Thanks Marc

I don't think creating a new account will solve anything. It's possibly just a setting in the database that's wrong. To be honest I just think it's something you'll have to live with. Creating a new account will just flag every single post since the creation of the forum unread... at which point you're not gaining anything :)

a new account was just to test, but won't solve much it's true, can't argue with that logic. Actually I just noticed that every post before September is marked as read regardless of the filter, so it seems like it wouldn't help anyway. Too bad, was nice to know what had already been read.

thanks