Welcome to od|forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

jumper

how to mantra render with no camera motion blur?

Hi,

I have a scene with a deforming object and an animated camera. I would like to render only the deformation motion blur of the object with no camera motion blur. What is the best way of achieving this?

Thanks

Stephen

I don't know if there is an easier way, but you can remove the values that a channel takes between integer frame numbers. For example, if you have an animation on channel ry then you can counteract for the interframe values with an expression in a parented null that corrects for the channel like so:

chf("../null1/ry",$FF+1)-chf("../null1/ry",$F)*1[/CODE]

Your camera will now move in jumps in that channel, from frame to frame, and therefore remove motionblur. You can even blend it in if you change the *1 value in the above expression.

Edited by Macha

Hey Oslo and Macha,

Thanks so much for the help!

Stephen

Edited by jumper

Install render parms on the cam - transform samples and set to 0

I just want to say, I have wanted to know how to do this for years! Thanks for that, Oslo!

-j

How does one do this in H16? I can't seem to find the "Transform samples" parameter to add. 

Should just be Xform Time Samples yeah?

Render Properties -- Rendering -- Xform Time Samples.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, rbowden said:

Should just be Xform Time Samples yeah?

Render Properties -- Rendering -- Xform Time Samples.

Thanks!

For those following along, on the camera: Render Properties --> Mantra --> Rendering --> xform_motionsamples

Edited by LukeLetellier

I'm doing some custom particle trails (taking into account the camera transforms) to do some more detailed motion blur effects. This means I don't want any blur on the particles (geo or camera).

However, I still need the holdout geo to have all of it's normal blurring. Anyone know if this is possible? Essentially, can you have camera blur on one object and not on another? I've tried all of the object specific render parms I can think of but no luck yet. Could just not be doing the right combination of settings.

Cheers, Carl.