Flip particles disappearing after collision

WesleyE

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to build a simple glass fill animation but I've stumbled onto a problem before I could even begin the animation.

I'm using a flip fluid that has some initial data from a SOP object. I've also made a glass that I want the flip fluid to collide with. I had some problems generating a valid SDF for the collision, but I have seemed to solve that by adjusting the offset on the isooffset node.

If I feed the generated collision SDF to the flip solver, the particles start to behave in a weird way. They seem to remove themselves from the sim when they touch the glass. I've added an image demonstrating the problem in 3 frames and is also showing the collision geometry.

Can anyone point me to the reason why the particles are disappearing?

Thanks

post-7460-0-71366400-1357347645_thumb.jp

Glass.hipnc

The collision sdf for your object maybe be of fine resolution but the actual collision field of the flip object probably isnt. There's a parameter for collision field resolution which you should enable enforce a higher resolution of the collision field so it can sample your glass sdf better.

Also what fabiano said, that will make things much easier.

• 3 years later...

Hi... I ´ve already have a collider really extruded and big... But the particles still dissapear... for no reason.. They are inside the BBOX so... Any help will be appreciated!

Thank you very much in advance!