Dandelion Wire Simulation

Candide

Hey folks,

I am trying to create a realistic dandelion simulation and beginning to bang my head against the wall/desk.

I'd like to end up with this:

I have attached my (rather tortured) scene attempt.

My method is to bring all the sop geometry in as one big wire sim and affect gluetoanimation and kangular on the fluff/stem.

There are 3 movements that I'm attempting to capture:

1. The twitching of the fluff

2. The bending of the stem while the prongs are still attached

3. The moving of the prong/fluff when they a re broken.

I am achieving the first movement by affecting the wires with wind with random activation (otherwise the wires settle to still) but I don't want this wind to affect the prongs.

Basically I'm all tangled up and if anyone has any ideas it would help me out a lot.

Thanks all

dandelion_Test.hip

I looked at your file and you didnt made the dop sim as you said, did u tryed it? I think what you said is the way to go. Just animate the pintoanimation or gluetoanimation attributte in sops and the roots will stay still. The fluffs you will need to glue to the tips. Just use an wire glue constrain and create a group for the tips to connect them. Try to make the dop sim and send the file again if u have any problem...

• 5 years later...