BulletSOP 2.0 beta_v3 for Win64

MilanSuk

Hi,

I want to introduce bulletSOP 2.0, which is new version of bullet implementation inside Houdini(surface network) for stunning rigid body simulations! It is based on Bullet phyics library 2.8. Primary is single-thread application, but speed is very impressive. On solver node is few option for multi-thread running, but its not so stable. When Bullet phyics library 3.0 will come, I will modify for GPU running of course :)

In Attachment is fully featured beta version, There is only one limitation, you can create max. 5000 poly objects. There is no limits for other hulls(box, tubes, ...)! Full version will be completely without limits.

For learning you can check this old tutorial(https://vimeo.com/57198443), but its for alpha version, so many things are different(better, easier). In attachment you can find example file with a lot of scenes(including sneak peek) which are propably best resources at this moment. I will make tutorials for every node as soon as possible. And remember "Details view" is your best friend!!!

This is version only for windows 64bit. I will release Linux and OSX version in next few days!

If you have problem to run this plugin on windows or its crashing, please write here. Othrewise with other problems, create new thread.

LinkedIn group: http://www.linkedin....Houdini-4796605

Sneak Peek: https://vimeo.com/57193837

Some info about this project: http://www.sidefx.co...p=127586#127586

Regards,

Milan Suk

EDIT : I see that downloads of this old beta still increasing, so please go here and download the latest beta:

bulletSOP_beta_v3.zip

Edited by MilanSuk
  • Like 5

Nice, When do you plan to release the full version? I'm currently using the H12 default bullet solver which is not fast enough for my needs. I urgently need a faster bullet implementation, for the project I work right now.

thank you all, especially to Igor for great testing!

Nice, When do you plan to release the full version? I'm currently using the H12 default bullet solver which is not fast enough for my needs. I urgently need a faster bullet implementation, for the project I work right now.

I dont know, All depending on how many bugs users find :unsure:

Edited by MilanSuk

Thanks for sharing.

Noticed that dragging the "time slider" causes bulletsop to skip frames.

yes, I know about this. Problem is that It works inside SOP network, not DOP or POP and I dont know how I can tell to houdini to "cook" frames between. So just hit play or step every frame :)

For some reason, when I open the scenes in the examples.hip nothing is moving by the bulletSOP and all the bullet nodes appear like they have no parameters in the parm pane. When I create new bullet nodes though they appear as they should. What am I doing wrong?

For some reason, when I open the scenes in the examples.hip nothing is moving by the bulletSOP and all the bullet nodes appear like they have no parameters in the parm pane. When I create new bullet nodes though they appear as they should. What am I doing wrong?

Firstly, Its compiled for Houdini 12.1.185, and Its working with older and newer version, but I am not sure If its safe :huh:

I didnt meet exactly your problem, but I have problem that I changed some Label inside source code and in "Edit Parameter Interface" is new string, but in Parameter Pane is aprox. month old :blink:

Maybe Its a bug, but its definitively weird!

Someone else has this problem???

problem.png

Edited by MilanSuk

Someone else has this problem???

everything OK here ( my laptop @home ) . the same when i tried @work .

btw , didnt had much time to play during the day , but quickly explored the scenes you packed with the file ; fantastic !

very helpful ! and thanks again for sharing your work !

ill report here if i find anything ..

.cheers

Firstly, Its compiled for Houdini 12.1.185, and Its working with older and newer version, but I am not sure If its safe :huh:

Yes, I tried it with Houdini 12.1.185, I installed it in the "C:\Users\<Name>\Documents\houdini12.1\dso" as you suggested in the readme and also I tried puting it in the original Houdini installation directory "C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 12.1.185\houdini\dso" but no luck.

after looking carefully through the setups into the example file you provided ( just turning on / off their Display Flags ) , this message ( attached image below ) appears and doesnt go away even when i close the scene and create a new one .

--

post-5487-0-07593400-1358971797_thumb.pn

--

another note : at some point , during the process i described above , i was unable also to get out of the Handle state by pressing the ESC button .

, but only by pressing the View button in UI ..

p.s.: sorry couldnt find another way of reporting the message .

.cheers

Wow,

That is just fantastic.

Installed in 12.1.185 and worked right out of the box.

only thing was to put the sops into a BulletSop sub menu so that they are easier to find, currently they are in the custom Tab submenu.

Other than that, Great work so far, and great Example file.

[/size]

Yes, I tried it with Houdini 12.1.185, I installed it in the "C:\Users\<Name>\Documents\houdini12.1\dso" as you suggested in the readme and also I tried puting it in the original Houdini installation directory "C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 12.1.185\houdini\dso" but no luck.

It sounds more and more like a Houdini bug, not mine. I run into even same problem, that I created btTransform and It has only one input, so click on it and everything was fine.

after looking carefully through the setups into the example file you provided ( just turning on / off their Display Flags ) , this message ( attached image below ) appears and doesnt go away even when i close the scene and create a new one .

Can you more describe what do you do? You open scene, It was on 1st frame and ...

btModify node has no python code in this scene.

Here's my quick test...sim time around 6 minutes. 5,680 cubes.

https://vimeo.com/58054970

cool, thank you!

only thing was to put the sops into a BulletSop sub menu so that they are easier to find, currently they are in the custom Tab submenu.

thx, great idea, I will search how I can do this in HDK.

to this moment I just press tab and start writing "bt".

Hi Milan,

Great job! Love the speed and simplicity.

I'm particularly interested in the "voronoi_impact_break" example.

Can you give me some more info about the point attributes that come in from impacts ("btLoader_IMPACTS")

For starters, there seems to be an A and B version of the same data. Why is that?

What is "bullet_indexA" and "bullet_indexB"?

Thanks

Pav