voronoi dynamics question

Alexpdennis

halloo,

I've got this scene set up with voronoi fracturing, dynamics, and a glue network. pretty simple. but im trying to figure out how to keep the object still in space and crumble according to the same selection that controls (deletes) the glue network. i feel as if it might have to do with getting the gravity to read the same group node. but im probably wrong. thanks for your time and here is the file just incase. thanks again!

a

cubeTest.zip

There was a quick cheat shown in the cmivfx embers & ash tutorial where he created a small box that overlapped one of the last pieces to fall and made that box a Static RBD object. He then added that DOP object's name to the Object Mask field in the DOP Import node for the SOP glue network where it's pulling in the pieces to glue them (i.e. piece* box1). See attached example, might be worth trying depending on how complex you intend the final sim to be.

Pretty sure this has been a question here and on the sidefx forums more than once, so have a search around as well - I believe the Active Value DOP might be what was advised in those cases, but don't quote me on that....

staticBoxConstraintCheat.hip

Edited by ryew

Yeah the active value DOP is what you want.

It takes a normal point expresion referring to a sop and is there for point based.

What you want to do is to lay down a foreach sop, then iterate through all your pieces and to add a centroid point (add with a centroid expression)

Color all points black, and use the selection mask you use to delete the glue network to color points.

Then simply set the activation value in the active value dop to the point color, done.

Here is your file modified.

cubeRBDtest_Done.hipnc

Cheers,

Juri