Are there any Industry users on this board???

calron

lots of people here are working or have worked in the industry.... FYI theres some students here who rock. they, them, he, and she just need a piece of paper saying they is edumaciatededed...(educated)

feathers - ya, recently rhinoceros VFX did a commercial in which they created peacock feathers, very very cool i might add!

cool effects/real FX work - check out the FX forum here, theres some really fun stuff past and present... if you want to see *real fx*, check out sidefx.com and look at the customers websites.

Mike C.

apart from Jason and Marc who are both incredibly generous with their time and knowledge you can even check out the SESI mailing list for more...now if only more of them would join us over here and throw some of their stuff, ( i don't mean production effects/rigs/models, but wisdom and hints like what jason is doing ) on this fourm that would really be awesome!!!

http://www/sidefx.com/community/interact/listserv

will get you to the archives of the mailing list but i, ( and i'm sure i'm not the only one ), really miss the search capabilities that use to be there before.

please bring it back! that way you can find heaps of gold on doing all sorts of effects, that list is a goldmine for new/old users....especially for effects work.

I guess it works differently.

One can be passive on the list because the emails come to you & you can go through them one by one. :)

Here at the forum, you can't be passive. In fact, you have to actively check for new topics etc, so it might not appeal to all. ;)

My .0002 cents...