poppy

FLIP smorganic/sheeter effect?

3 hours ago, sekow said:

thanks very much.

out of curiosity, how do you come up with a scale of 75? Is that trial and error?

Hi Sebastian!

You're welcome!

About the values, it mainly depends on what you want, for that example file that value works well. Its pretty high because the resultant gradient has very low magnitude. Remember that this file is just a template, a very rough template, so much to refine still! ;)

Cheers!!

Edited by Pazuzu

4 hours ago, michaelb-01 said:

Hi @Pazuzu, how do you think H16's new surface tension compares to your technique?

Hi Michael!

The implementation is very different. My technique is more a bunch of hacks than a "Physical Based Solution", mainly to deal with the FLIP/PIC limitations for small scale sims, like packing, volume loss, etc. Another main difference is that mine is particle based (I use also fields, but the forces are apply at particle level), the new ST that comes with H16 is volume based, it behaves very nicely, but if you need very small details you need to increase volume res and also timesteps, loosing the main benefits of the FLIP/PIC method, the speed.

I hope that this answer your question!

Cheers!

Alejandro 

18 hours ago, Pazuzu said:

Hi Michael!

The implementation is very different. My technique is more a bunch of hacks than a "Physical Based Solution", mainly to deal with the FLIP/PIC limitations for small scale sims, like packing, volume loss, etc. Another main difference is that mine is particle based (I use also fields, but the forces are apply at particle level), the new ST that comes with H16 is volume based, it behaves very nicely, but if you need very small details you need to increase volume res and also timesteps, loosing the main benefits of the FLIP/PIC method, the speed.

I hope that this answer your question!

Cheers!

Alejandro 

Cool, thanks Alejandro!