H12.5 viewport displays geometry that it's NOT SUPPOSED TO!

are people pinning the viewer? I can reproduce this display error consistantly with pinning.

Steps are: create sphere

Dive inside: pin viewer

go back to scene level and click the display flag. The sphere is 'stuck' in the viewer

post-8321-0-88986000-1376531255_thumb.pn

Guest mantragora

are people pinning the viewer? I can reproduce this display error consistantly with pinning.

Steps are: create sphere

Dive inside: pin viewer

go back to scene level and click the display flag. The sphere is 'stuck' in the viewer

If you pin it it will stay in viewport. Unpin it and it will go. This is not the same like ghosting. You may not use pinning at all in your project and it will show. I can load fresh scene that I worked on, in which nothing coock's beside fileNode and it may show up.

can someone please post a screengrab, blurring out everything that is secret, that shows the node display flags switched off, no pinning and ghosted geo.

thanks.

Guest mantragora

Sphere fractured + explodeview + imported to Dops. It took me like 5 minutes max to get to this stage. No, it doesn't have to contain Dops or explode/fracture nodes to show up. I was just playing randomly with nodes.

What I'm doing on movie:

1. All views are unpinned.

2. To prove that there is no other nodes in the scene beside two OBJ I move nodes and press L two times.

3. I enter to OBJ that contains this geo and turn on explodeView node, it should show only exploded view but instead it shows also not exploded geometry.I also press template flag on exploded view to reset all flag to this node.

4. Than I put null node there and move display flag to it, so it should show nothing but the ball is still there.

5. I delete all the nodes in the scene and ball is still there.

6. I go sleep.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ybgp3x6txyfwg2f

• Like 1

thanks - I could repeat those steps and have geo freeze in the viewer.

This only happened the first time I did it. I'll try to nail it down more before sending in a bug report

Edit: I notice these type of subnets have the ForEach nodes. On the SideFX forum this was mentioned as a possible source of the error. If you're testing this can we see if ForEach is a cause.

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=29293

Edited by tar

Guest mantragora

In my experience ForEach doesn't have anything common with this. I'm not a big fan of this node, I prefer old copySOP way, anyway, I encountered this problem with simple modeling (just pushing verticles/polygons) while switching between couple branches that I created while testing some other way to expand model. Have I used copySOP while modeling? I don't remember.

awesome - any and every example you can post up will really help - I think some workflows makes this error readily apparent.

I really had never seen this error for 1 month until yesterdays example. I've very hopefui of killing this bug. thanks!

Edit: I was able to create the error using a SopSolver with a pointjitter inside. Working on making it consistant.

Edited by tar

I have a reproducible steps: please test

0. New Houdini session. Set the Viewport to "Hide Other Objects"

1. Create any Sop i.e. Grid and dive inside to Geometry Level

2. Append SopSolver & set display flag to solver

3. dive inside Solver

4. Move Current time indicator to another frame i.e. 64 - the Dop Import node "Prev_frame" should show an error.

5 Jump back to Scene level

6. Change Viewport from" Hide Other Objects" to "Show All Objects "

7. Toggle Display button - geo should now be stuck

Edit: Bug report submitted to Support. Further testing shows this to match all the issues, such as closing and reopening Houdini fixes it , and, opening a new scene pane fixes it.

Edited by tar

thanks Menoz, and thanks to all that helped solve this one.

Bug is logged as #56683. Should be at least two weeks before 'twod' takes a look at this at SESI. Very hopeful that it will be solved soon after.

There could be other varities of this bug - if anyone has any other steps or areas that should be investigaed please post them up.

It's not fixed yet but after 2 major releases, lots of forum posts and reports, it only took a few hours of testing over 3 days to find reproducible steps and within a week it's logged as a bug, and that includes a weekend! As was originally said, it really is simple ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mantragora

Marty, another job for you ;).

I was preparing simple model to test nDo/dDo plugins and I wanted to see why my selection, when I grow it from selected point, just selects 3 polygons instead of whole bottom of barrel. Even not maintained H11 mode works better than maintained OGL modes.

post-7494-0-78358200-1377789948_thumb.jp

Guest mantragora
I'm not following how the screenshot relates to the rest of your post.

Nothing special. I just polyExtrude and polySplit couple polygons just to get some low poly model to test. That's what it looked like in each of the modes when point numbers are turned on. Turn numbers off and it works, turn on and you get Picasso on the screen.

sample.hip

Edited by mantragora

Nothing special. I just polyExtrude and polySplit couple polygons just to get some low poly model to test. That's what it looked like in each of the modes when point numbers are turned on. Turn numbers off and it works, turn on and you get Picasso on the screen.

sample.hip

I've got the model loaded and no point number display problems. Does it always happen on this model?

Specs: H 12.5.506, OsX 10.8.4 build 12E55, Nvidia NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512 MB graphics/ GPU Driver Version: 8.12.47 310.40.00.05f01 & AMD AMD Radeon HD 7950 3072 MB

Guest mantragora

I just started fresh H session, created GeometryOBJ, didn't modified anything and it's there on the default box that was created by geo node.

EDIT: I'm downloading latest build, maybe it will not be there.

Edited by mantragora

the video is good. I'm not getting the same thing here though- I'll test more later.

What graphics card is it? Maybe someone with the same setup can test it as well.