"p03"

gradualepiphany

'ello ODities - it's been a rather long time since I've posted, and here's the project that absorbed my last quarter at school. I figured it's always a good idea to embarress myself in front of the greats of the industry, so here goes...

"p03" (38.5 meg quicktime)

I was responsible for the concept, direction, most of the compositing, and effects work. Ryan Gillis did all of the modeling, shading, and lighting. Richard Reed composited the live action shot.

I'd like to get any feedback you guys might have on any of the piece - I seriously doubt I'll have time to go back and change anything at this point, but it's always good to learn from my mistakes. :)

All of ryan's work was done in Maya, and my effects were all Houdini. Richard and I did the compositing in Shake. The project took 10 weeks to complete (not including storyboarding it out).

Hey,

Nice friggin job! And for 10 weeks, that's super impressive.

I've got almost nothing to comment on. The gravel/concrete/ground the cigarette is on looks flat & textured, and it's especially noticeable where it intersects the red traffic cone thing. I also think it's weird how it stops on the bullet in the end. But that's all! Again, nice job.

-jens

Anakin78z (jens I belive?): Thanks for the compliments - The ground on the first shot I agree has problems - and I spent some time trying to fix that line where the barrel layer overlaps the ground layer, but I couldn't get a composite that gave the look I wanted, and we didn't have enough time to have Ryan make a displacement for the ground & re-render both layers. Such are deadlines.

Meshsmooth: The car is a Lamborghini Murcielago.

|andrew|